GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crimefighter bungles!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 12:02
Regular
This happened to me back in 1998 and came back to me just a second ago, hopefully you'll be able to laugh at my misfortune as now so will the guy it involved. It was relatively late one evening, about 11:00pm or so, I was still living at home with my parents and so was watching TV with my Dad in the living room. He looked out of the window purely to see if it was raining only to see about a group of 4 or 5 lads trying to steel the chrome nudge bars off of his VW Caravielle. Only a few months prior, my car was broken whilst it sat across the road from my parents house and then about 4 months prior to that my Dad had his car broken and the stereo nicked whilst the car was on the driveway. Therefore this sort of behaviour really gets up my nose.

My Dad promptly ran to the front door, swung it open and started yelling at them whilst he was putting his shoes on. Meanwhile I had legged it upstairs to my bedroom, put my trainers on, grabbed a weight lifting bar, my mobile phone and my car keys and ran back down stairs. My Dad was out by his car assessing the damage after the lads had done a runner leaving their tools behind (It looked like they'd studied how to take it off and had all the right tools), I asked him which direction they had run off in so that I could try and give chase in my car whilst he called the police.

In I jumped in my mean (at that time) 1.2L Nova, and started hammering it around the streets of my local town trying to see if I can find anyone suspicious that's either doing a runner or that looks a bit dodgy. If I were to find anyone I had decided not to batter them with the pole I had bought just in case they had a knife, or were harder than me. No, what I was going to do is follow them and call my Dad who would then tell the police who had arrived at his house.

As I came out of a road nearby I saw this guy running down a hill with what looked like a tool box. I followed him to a car which was on the side of the road at the bottom of the hill by which he stopped to gain his breath etc. I thought this is one of the men surely. So I call home and relay what I was seeing to the Policeman who had arrived at my Dads. The Police then send 3 squad cars with about 3 coppers in each to where I had located this guy. They surround him and do the usual put your hands on the roof of the car, pat him down etc.

Now this is the most embarrassing part, after the police quizzed him at the scene where he was, with his car, it turns out that what he had been running down the hill with was a petrol canister. His car had run out of petrol and he was in a hurry to get to the local hospital as his wife was in labour and so he had ran to the nearest petrol station and back! How stupid did I feel...Very. Incidentally they never did catch the lads trying to steal the Nudge bars!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 19/02/03 at 12:02
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
This happened to me back in 1998 and came back to me just a second ago, hopefully you'll be able to laugh at my misfortune as now so will the guy it involved. It was relatively late one evening, about 11:00pm or so, I was still living at home with my parents and so was watching TV with my Dad in the living room. He looked out of the window purely to see if it was raining only to see about a group of 4 or 5 lads trying to steel the chrome nudge bars off of his VW Caravielle. Only a few months prior, my car was broken whilst it sat across the road from my parents house and then about 4 months prior to that my Dad had his car broken and the stereo nicked whilst the car was on the driveway. Therefore this sort of behaviour really gets up my nose.

My Dad promptly ran to the front door, swung it open and started yelling at them whilst he was putting his shoes on. Meanwhile I had legged it upstairs to my bedroom, put my trainers on, grabbed a weight lifting bar, my mobile phone and my car keys and ran back down stairs. My Dad was out by his car assessing the damage after the lads had done a runner leaving their tools behind (It looked like they'd studied how to take it off and had all the right tools), I asked him which direction they had run off in so that I could try and give chase in my car whilst he called the police.

In I jumped in my mean (at that time) 1.2L Nova, and started hammering it around the streets of my local town trying to see if I can find anyone suspicious that's either doing a runner or that looks a bit dodgy. If I were to find anyone I had decided not to batter them with the pole I had bought just in case they had a knife, or were harder than me. No, what I was going to do is follow them and call my Dad who would then tell the police who had arrived at his house.

As I came out of a road nearby I saw this guy running down a hill with what looked like a tool box. I followed him to a car which was on the side of the road at the bottom of the hill by which he stopped to gain his breath etc. I thought this is one of the men surely. So I call home and relay what I was seeing to the Policeman who had arrived at my Dads. The Police then send 3 squad cars with about 3 coppers in each to where I had located this guy. They surround him and do the usual put your hands on the roof of the car, pat him down etc.

Now this is the most embarrassing part, after the police quizzed him at the scene where he was, with his car, it turns out that what he had been running down the hill with was a petrol canister. His car had run out of petrol and he was in a hurry to get to the local hospital as his wife was in labour and so he had ran to the nearest petrol station and back! How stupid did I feel...Very. Incidentally they never did catch the lads trying to steal the Nudge bars!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.