GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's back!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts'.
Fri 14/11/08 at 09:27
Regular
One of my favourite N64 games is back and fully playable on my Xbox 360!

Yay! I'm now playing Banjo Kazooie...complete with Microsoft GameStudios logos covering all the old Nintendo logos...

It's a little odd playing it with the 360 controller...but seeing as Banjo is practically Super Mario 64 (to which I believe the N64 controller was designed for) there's bound to be a slight transitional phase which I'm sure I'll be past shortly.

I still love this game like I did the original! And although only a minor upgrade I look forward to tackling those achievements.

Fri 14/11/08 at 09:27
Regular
One of my favourite N64 games is back and fully playable on my Xbox 360!

Yay! I'm now playing Banjo Kazooie...complete with Microsoft GameStudios logos covering all the old Nintendo logos...

It's a little odd playing it with the 360 controller...but seeing as Banjo is practically Super Mario 64 (to which I believe the N64 controller was designed for) there's bound to be a slight transitional phase which I'm sure I'll be past shortly.

I still love this game like I did the original! And although only a minor upgrade I look forward to tackling those achievements.

Sat 29/11/08 at 08:09
Regular
Doesn't look like this game is too popular then (either that or because its not officially out on XBLA yet no ones playing it)

I've completed it, got all the achievements and just need to find the remaining 4 swap & shop items now...

Thoroughly enjoyed this XBLA game :D
Sat 29/11/08 at 09:40
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I did love this game on my '64, however as my xbox is now down the tip I wont be playing this on XBLA. If I ever get another 360 I will more than likely pick this up.

One question though, are all the 'hidden' easter egg things still in there? The giant ice-key and so forth or have these actually been implemented into the game as was the original plan with banjo-tooie?
Sat 29/11/08 at 10:57
Regular
The eggs and Ice key, etc, are still in this game. They become unlockable as long as you have a Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts save game on your Xbox 360. e.g. The island in Treasure Trove Cove is sunk at first...play Nuts & Bolts then go back to the original on XBLA and the island has risen to give you access

When you complete Banjo Kazooie and go through the spiel with Mumbo at the end the characters even make a joke about how they weren't used originally. Rare seem to like their humour - in the brief time I've played N&B so far they've joked about Ghoulies poor sales and how Mario & Luigi are better than Banjo & Kazooie.

Apparently they unlock vehicle parts in N&B - though I'm yet to encounter that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.