GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 23:46
Regular
Just a quickie on Xbox LIVE! ...

I presume that Freeola's Broadband service is compatible?

Also, to play on Xbox LIVE! do I HAVE to go through my PC, or can I just link straight into my phone socket?

Cheers,
Fri 21/02/03 at 10:10
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, Freeola Broadband ADSL will be compatible with all three of the console multiplayer services and it's much the situation that Adrian reports below.

We'll be issuing more detailed information when we've had the opportunity to test.

Regards,
Danny
Wed 19/02/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Itshould be compatiable. The only one I know of which isnt is AOL.

You will need to go through a Network Card(NIC) on your PC and share the ADSL connection in the setup. You could opt for a Router instead of a Modem and then you could plug the ADSL into the Router and have your PC plugged in via a NIC and then plug in the XBox. A Router will allow you to use XBox Live without your PC being turned on. You wont be able to plug the XBox straight into the socket on the wall as its ADSL and it needs some sort of modem. So its basically either a Modem and a NIC or a Router. Both are easy to set up, a router may be good if you dont want your PC on or you need to share the internet with other PCs. But with most ADSL places you get a USB modem so you might as well opt for the NIC and plug your XBox into your PC as it will be cheap to do so.

You wont be able to get XBox Live just yet. Xbox.com were selling them but they stopped Febuary 14th. The good news is that it will be available in shops from March 14th so not a long wait.
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:46
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Just a quickie on Xbox LIVE! ...

I presume that Freeola's Broadband service is compatible?

Also, to play on Xbox LIVE! do I HAVE to go through my PC, or can I just link straight into my phone socket?

Cheers,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.