GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"fht is ftozzi aka. fabio aka. p4_man"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 19:18
Regular
well thats what i think. Why wont he just go away
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:49
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Nasty boy wrote:
> Dont mean to be rude brio but how could an ISP block a person from
> using a certain site. The i.p changes each time and how could this
> company find out his Internet service provider for the internet.

Your ISP don't need to block you from using this site, they'll just cancel your account so you'll have to find a new ISP.

They don't like having users of their service abusing other websites because networks can ban entire IP blocks, and say anybody on Freeserve or BT Internet servers won't have access to certain sites. (Red Hot Ant had that problem a few years ago)

Instead, they'll just get rid of you.

Oh, and if you're on a subscription service they won't refund your money!
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:56
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Despite what you hear, ISP keep logs of everything ... and can in fact trace you.

When you signed up to your particular ISP ... for exampel Freeserve, they have your name, address, as well as details of which phone line and number you are connecting to their system from. Even if you put down false details when you sign up, every time you connect, they record the phone line which made the connection, and can easily obtain your real details from BT, if they need to.

As for IP's, yes they do change, but a log is usually also kept of which IP address a particular user had at a particular time. So if your Freeserve username was 'whatever.freesere.co.uk' (or something similar), then when you connect, and are allocated an IP address, Freeserve will store it as someting like:

User whatever.freesere.co.uk was given the IP address 127.02.02.12 to use at 5:42pm, and was online for 38 minutes. In that time, the user logged onto www.freeola.com, ukchatforums.com, another.com, something.com, etc.

So, should SR complain to the relevent people about abuse from for example me, they could take down the IP addresses I connected with, submit them to the official people, and have them locate who indeed was allocated those IP's at any time .... therefore, they would get the data back that I was using Pipex, they would contact Pipex, who would see who was using the reported IP addresses at the time ... and find it was infact me.

The Internet is not as anonymas (sp) as you would like to think :)
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:47
Regular
Dont mean to be rude brio but how could an ISP block a person from using a certain site. The i.p changes each time and how could this company find out his Internet service provider for the internet.

Brio wrote:
> of wrote:
> whats the point in banning when you can just sign up a new name.
>
> It's like a second warning... after that they'll have to contact your
> ISP and have them sort you out.
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Brio wrote:
> It's like a second warning

Or in your case a third fourth fith and sixth warning

latchford wrote:
>When will this stupid red name stop being red?

24 Hours after you arrive
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:42
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
And they could block you from using the site.

When will this stupid red name stop being red?
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:41
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
of wrote:
> whats the point in banning when you can just sign up a new name.

It's like a second warning... after that they'll have to contact your ISP and have them sort you out.
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:33
Regular
whats the point in banning when you can just sign up a new name.
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:33
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
of wrote:
>he was a cool guy!!!

thats why i knew it was ftozzi
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:32
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
thats very detective like of you
Wed 19/02/03 at 09:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
of wrote:
> im a regular! i just signed up a new name!

Yes, that's probably true, but unfortunately you've just told everyone who you are because you stick !'s in the most innapropriate of places Mr Tozzi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.