GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stocking up for winter"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 19:13
Regular
Damnation - I didn't realise that last bender had been so bad. Where the blood and sand did all this snow come from? Must have missed the weather report. Oh well - I'd better get that cow out of the barn, it's going to have to be slaughtered today regardless. I'll take it to the far field…………

Wow its beautiful out here, a positive winter wonderland, everything is so clean and crisp and this snowfall is so thick! Don't you think it's beautiful out here? I ask the cow. The cow seems to nod in agreement. It's bitterly cold in that wind though we'll move to the shelter of those trees, I tell the cow. Boy am I losing it or what - now I'm talking to the cow.

There now - I'll just tether you to this tree. The cow is just staring at me or maybe it is staring at the knife. Not that I'd blame the cow for staring. It is a wonderfully crafted knife, I always keep it sharp and clean, just as my gran taught me before she passed it on to me and it has a good balance.

Well I'm getting colder stood here and this isn't getting the food into the freezer. I pull the cows' head back and slit its' throat. I always feed a little compassion here. Those huge liquid brown eyes are that are full of fear seem to beg me not to do this. No time for second thoughts here - I woman needs to get her food on the table.

Can't wait for the cow to stop twitching so I slit the body fully open and get my fingers in there, that will warm them up. Get the heavy pliers in there to snap a couple of ribs out (they make excellent stock). The liver is in a very good condition, best to get them from the younger ones before any damage has been done to it. Think I'll have that for my supper. Looks too nice to freeze. Get the heart and kidneys out - hey I've been robbed, this cow only has one kidney!

Now to get the meat off - can't stand the breast myself; wonder if that's anything to do with being female. Nice piece of rump and the inner thighs are white and smooth. It will be good meat, none of that orange peel flesh on this one. That's it then all bagged up.

As I stand up and walk away, I always look back. She looks almost angelic with the long blonde hair spread around her. The blood against the snow makes it look as if she is lying on a crimson cloak. Mind she is not as striking as the brunette of three nights ago - there was just something about that dark hair against the frost and the white face. Quite a pretty picture really.

Well this winter wonderland has caught me out. Looks like the snow will be here for a while. I'll need to catch at least one more cow to get through this period but the weather makes it hard. They all seem to stay indoors especially now as there are reports of some kind of lunatic out there as well.
Fri 06/06/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Glad you enjoyed it :)

Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Lets play who needs therapy...

Can't be aimed at me surely!

* meanders away to get figure popsicle to suck.
Thu 20/02/03 at 08:55
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
*shudder*

I like thoses storys that play with your perception of situations.
Thu 20/02/03 at 08:23
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Vast Luckystar wrote:

I was reading it thinking, why have you written a story
> about a farmer killing a cow lol.

Thanks. I wonder how many other people thought this and didn't finish reading it.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:49
Regular
Good one. It's gruesome when you realise that it's a woman being butchered. I was reading it thinking, why have you written a story about a farmer killing a cow lol.
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Thank you. It's nice to know someone actually read this and took the time to comment
Wed 19/02/03 at 09:15
Regular
'Ripper' - [as they say in Australia].

Very good. Nice disguised twist.
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Damnation - I didn't realise that last bender had been so bad. Where the blood and sand did all this snow come from? Must have missed the weather report. Oh well - I'd better get that cow out of the barn, it's going to have to be slaughtered today regardless. I'll take it to the far field…………

Wow its beautiful out here, a positive winter wonderland, everything is so clean and crisp and this snowfall is so thick! Don't you think it's beautiful out here? I ask the cow. The cow seems to nod in agreement. It's bitterly cold in that wind though we'll move to the shelter of those trees, I tell the cow. Boy am I losing it or what - now I'm talking to the cow.

There now - I'll just tether you to this tree. The cow is just staring at me or maybe it is staring at the knife. Not that I'd blame the cow for staring. It is a wonderfully crafted knife, I always keep it sharp and clean, just as my gran taught me before she passed it on to me and it has a good balance.

Well I'm getting colder stood here and this isn't getting the food into the freezer. I pull the cows' head back and slit its' throat. I always feed a little compassion here. Those huge liquid brown eyes are that are full of fear seem to beg me not to do this. No time for second thoughts here - I woman needs to get her food on the table.

Can't wait for the cow to stop twitching so I slit the body fully open and get my fingers in there, that will warm them up. Get the heavy pliers in there to snap a couple of ribs out (they make excellent stock). The liver is in a very good condition, best to get them from the younger ones before any damage has been done to it. Think I'll have that for my supper. Looks too nice to freeze. Get the heart and kidneys out - hey I've been robbed, this cow only has one kidney!

Now to get the meat off - can't stand the breast myself; wonder if that's anything to do with being female. Nice piece of rump and the inner thighs are white and smooth. It will be good meat, none of that orange peel flesh on this one. That's it then all bagged up.

As I stand up and walk away, I always look back. She looks almost angelic with the long blonde hair spread around her. The blood against the snow makes it look as if she is lying on a crimson cloak. Mind she is not as striking as the brunette of three nights ago - there was just something about that dark hair against the frost and the white face. Quite a pretty picture really.

Well this winter wonderland has caught me out. Looks like the snow will be here for a while. I'll need to catch at least one more cow to get through this period but the weather makes it hard. They all seem to stay indoors especially now as there are reports of some kind of lunatic out there as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.