GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is PHP4U and MySQL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 18:07
Regular
Basically i was wondering what these things are for i know they are web based, are they for things like forums n stuff.

c.b.
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Most likely a package which makes installing PHP easier .... or so they say :).
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:35
Regular
"cachoo"
cjh wrote:
> PHP4U???

I've heard of that, but not quite sure what the difference is..
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
PHP is a dynamic scripting language for the web, used to make shops, forums, services, games. etc. Celebdaq will be made in something similar to PHP.

PHP can basically do almost anything you can think of.

MySQL is a database, like access. PHP and MySQL have great support for each other.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
PHP4U???

If you just mean PHP, then that's a Server Side scripting Language .. used to make a basic HTML Web Page more dynamic.

MySQL is a Database (like MS Access) which is used a lot on the Internet to store infomation.

PHP and MySQL work very well together, as PHP includes a lot of built-in functions to allow data to be read/writen to and manipulated from a MySQL Database.

Its not just used for Forums, you could use it for complex systems like SR's shopping trolly and ordering system, or their online Freeola control panel. Or basic things like including an extra file into your Web Page, or display the date.

Basic task, make static HTML pages easier to manage and manipulate.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:12
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
I think php is something to with forums! but i guess you allready knew that
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:07
Regular
Basically i was wondering what these things are for i know they are web based, are they for things like forums n stuff.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.