GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rock"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 16:44
Regular
Great film a lot of people listed it in there top 5 in a resent poll, and guess what good old reliable provider of superb programming that is channel five are showing it next week I think on wens. I strongly urge those who have not seen this to give it a look, and those who have seen it watch it again.
Tue 18/02/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Great film a lot of people listed it in there top 5 in a resent poll, and guess what good old reliable provider of superb programming that is channel five are showing it next week I think on wens. I strongly urge those who have not seen this to give it a look, and those who have seen it watch it again.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Totally agree. One of my best films, Nicolas cage and connery working together made a pure class act of a film. But then again anything with Cage in it is bound to be great: Gone in 60 Seconds, Con Air, Face/Off, i rest my case. :)
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:42
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yep, the Rock's a really good film. Connery and Cage are both superb actors.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:18
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, great film. I didn't really like it much when I first saw it (it's almost seven years old!) but when it was on Five a year or so ago, I saw it and was amazed, especially by the slow motion massacre of the Navy Seals, that ruled.

I own it on DVD now.
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I like the Rock, one of the only decent Michael Bay films bar Armageddon which did have it's problems. I'd prefer to watch it on DVD though, as C5 are likely to throw in masses of ad breaks every 5 minutes.

And am I the only one who found Cage's sarcastic acting a tad on the annoying side? it's just a good thing Connery was there, because Cage couldn't carry that film alone.
Thu 20/02/03 at 23:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I don't think either actor could have done this film without the other, the 2 stars have good screen pressence but they also have good chemistry.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You're kidding right? Cage can't act, he couldn't act in The Rock and he still can't act now, he's useless and not once did I see any kind of chemistry between him and Connery.

He added nothing to the film and he annoyed me on more than one occasion with his sarcastic, I'm bored acting he always displays in his films.
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Didn't Cage win an Oscar once?

It's a crazy world we live in!

(and yes, Connery carried him throughout the entire film)
Fri 21/02/03 at 15:59
Regular
"not dead"
Er, who listed Cage's best performances as Face/Off and Gone in 60 Seconds?

Surely Razing Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Wild at Heart and Red Rock West are infinitely superior performances from Cage?

Still, The Rock rules as an action film, Connery and Cage ARE great together.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.