GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kameo actually looks good!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Kameo: Elements of Power'.
Wed 24/08/05 at 23:24
Regular
I just watched the hour long Xbox 360 opening conference from the Leipzig conference.

The guys from Rare had a playable version of Kameo on a finished 360.

Looked really good. Loads of dragons flying about. Everything had real shadows. Everything had shader material effects. The particle effects, especially particles in sunlight looked immense.

The culmination was a level with two armies fighting on a hill, hundreds of models all fighting in real time at the same time while the guy playing was running about on a horse.

Very impressed here, just needs to be seen what the gameplay will actually be like :).
Thu 25/08/05 at 12:28
Regular
"8==="
Not to me, it's a consumer right and if I don't like something then I take the damn thing back.

Anyway they give you store credit so it's not like they lose your money.
Thu 25/08/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
21, I think... and they're ******** about it.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:00
Regular
"8==="
28 days at HMV, I think.
Thu 25/08/05 at 10:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Bonus wrote:
> Might be a purchase from game on their 14 day return
> guarantee.

10-Day, actually.. and Special Reserve do that, too. :D:D ;)
Thu 25/08/05 at 02:06
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Graphically it looks really good, but to me the game just looked like
> Starfox Adventures with extra bells and whistles.

The worst thing about that was the rubbish projectile weapons.

Which isn't a problem in this game where there doesn't seem to be any. Nut like I said, graphically impressive but will it play any good? Might be a purchase from game on their 14 day return guarantee.
Thu 25/08/05 at 00:28
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I had ruled it out, but I loved the Banjo games and Conker wasn't oo bad...

It should be a decent game. I'm happy to see that Rare have s**tuck to their adventure roots.. What, with Sega giving Sonic/Shadow guns, i'm suprised Kameo doesn't drive round in a tank! Still, it's 100% adventure, and i'll more than likely buy it now. I only play FPSs, really... its about time I ran around and collected some sh*t!!
Wed 24/08/05 at 23:48
Regular
Graphically it looks really good, but to me the game just looked like Starfox Adventures with extra bells and whistles.
Wed 24/08/05 at 23:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yeah, I watched that earlier today. It was worth enduring the 45 minutes of poorly translated German to see the Kameo girl riding the horse through those two armies; knocking hundreds of trolls out of the way.
Wed 24/08/05 at 23:24
Regular
I just watched the hour long Xbox 360 opening conference from the Leipzig conference.

The guys from Rare had a playable version of Kameo on a finished 360.

Looked really good. Loads of dragons flying about. Everything had real shadows. Everything had shader material effects. The particle effects, especially particles in sunlight looked immense.

The culmination was a level with two armies fighting on a hill, hundreds of models all fighting in real time at the same time while the guy playing was running about on a horse.

Very impressed here, just needs to be seen what the gameplay will actually be like :).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.