GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 co-op query"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:40
Regular
Me and a mate were playing through Halo 2 in co-op mode yesterday, but the screen was split vertically.

I.e. I had the left half, he had the right. Is it possible to change this to the usual top/bottom split? We had a look through all the menus we could find, but couldn't spot it...

Cheers.
Thu 25/08/05 at 17:16
Regular
I guess. It's just annoying that's all.
Thu 25/08/05 at 15:35
Regular
Yeah, but the N64 didn't have the option to set the console for Widescreen or normal on a dashborad like the Xbox.

Just like 60hz, Xbox games don't have to ask what you want to use, it's already set in the console options.
Thu 25/08/05 at 15:33
Regular
I'm sure some games on the N64 let you decide how you want it split.

Vertically is a pain in the bum to get used to....
Thu 25/08/05 at 15:22
Regular
That's the way it goes.

Widescreen gets split vertically, normal gets split horizontally.

It's the same for all games, even GT4 on the PS2, it annoys mebut it's debatable which is better :D.
Thu 25/08/05 at 15:19
Regular
But when playing on a widescreen telly I'll be left with horrible black borders down each side. Either that or the telly will stretch it to fit, and it'll look pants.
Thu 25/08/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You need to set your XBOX to 4:3 in the OS/System. HALO 2 will then default to Horizontal Split-Screen. It's annoying, yes... but doesn't take long.
Thu 25/08/05 at 12:02
Regular
Nice one, cheers mate.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:46
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
There's definitely some way, although without turning my Xbox on I couldn't find out how. I'll have a check a bit later.
Thu 25/08/05 at 11:40
Regular
Me and a mate were playing through Halo 2 in co-op mode yesterday, but the screen was split vertically.

I.e. I had the left half, he had the right. Is it possible to change this to the usual top/bottom split? We had a look through all the menus we could find, but couldn't spot it...

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.