GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Peace Marches"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/02/03 at 22:04
Regular
Right before I start. What I write here is in no way my view of the current Iraq situation. So read it and understand it before you decide to post. Please.

Right they say around 1 Million folk marched for peace the other day. Not sure if that is all over the world or just the UK but I think it might be the first.
Anyway seen somewhere today that it was showing us that nobody wants the war. Right but surely that is just a small fraction and others may have a totally different view.

Are we being told what our view should be here?

Then today in a paper I read Iraq where pleased that the world were finally standing up to Americas ways. Do these people know what life for people in Iraq are like and remember the likes of the Gulf war and all that went on before.

Maybe the claims for no war might just not bring the peace people want.

Any views.....
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Right before I start. What I write here is in no way my view of the current Iraq situation. So read it and understand it before you decide to post. Please.

Right they say around 1 Million folk marched for peace the other day. Not sure if that is all over the world or just the UK but I think it might be the first.
Anyway seen somewhere today that it was showing us that nobody wants the war. Right but surely that is just a small fraction and others may have a totally different view.

Are we being told what our view should be here?

Then today in a paper I read Iraq where pleased that the world were finally standing up to Americas ways. Do these people know what life for people in Iraq are like and remember the likes of the Gulf war and all that went on before.

Maybe the claims for no war might just not bring the peace people want.

Any views.....
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I'm more amused by the fact that people saying "No war!" are instantly told they're in favour of Mr. Hussain's land of happines-through-torture.

There's a difference between deposing a tyrant and bombing civillians into hating you because "they'll agree with us when we win". Even if they do, some of them will still be dead.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There was a Pro-Saddam section in the London march.
Some people didn't like all the flags with his face on them, but by marching for no war, they were basically supporting his regime.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
gerrid wrote:
> but by
> marching for no war, they were basically supporting his regime.

Why? As I said in my post, there's a difference between killing him and killing the people in his country.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Killing his army. He already kills the people in his country.
But the people in the march were saying they didn't want any bloodshed. So they would rather Saddam continues with his regime than get rid of him.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I don't agree with that. I just don't agree with the plan that seems to be "let's bomb his weapons factories again. even though he's built hospitals and schools on top of them".
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yuo agree that he should be stopped though?
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Oh yes. I see little ethical problem in having him slowly killed over a period of several days.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
With sandpaper
Wed 19/02/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Peace is not just the absence of war, that's something a lot of those protesting need to learn, and yes that might be a quote, but I don't know who from...

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.