GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NETSPY trojan horse Remote Access Trojan HELP!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/08/05 at 18:32
Regular
Does any of you knowledgeable souls know anything about this cretinous trojan?

Norton internet security keeps informing me that it is blocking the thing from installing in my system, then problem app that's infected is my inbuilt microsoft fax software according to norton (or the miscrosoft printer spooler if my deductions are correct as when i uninstall the fax software then reinstall it the thing is still there and only shows up when i go to the 'printers' folder & click on FAX, nothing else in the 'printers folder has this effect but that would by visage PDF creator or the microsoft document image writer)
No antispyware software seems to be able to root it out as it has not installed yet, it seems to be lodged somewhere in the DLL's or SYS files or EXE or the like.
Any Ideas? is is possible to overwrite these files safely & thereby overwrite the Fecker?
I have spent too much time on this problem and am no nearer!
Tue 06/09/05 at 17:05
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
If you are using any anti-virus of avast any virus will be named trojan horse, And avast its the only anti-virus that names trojan horse and install a public anti-virus, My anti-virus is norton internet security.
Sat 27/08/05 at 22:11
Regular
no joy, tried all the antispyware software + ms antispy beta

Thanks anyhow, dammed if this pesky thing is going to get the better of me though, just have to work out how to extract the files i want to replace off my XPinstallation CD! I hate people that write stuff like NETSPY, should cause them some pain!
Some scank weasle want's their neck wringing!
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The best way to get rid of it is this.

Download SpySweeper 3.5 trial. (www.webroot.com)
Download Ad-Aware Free Trial. (www.lavasoft.com)
Download Spybot Search and Destroy. (Google-It, I can't remember the address!)

Restart your PC and run it in Safe Mode (WITHOUT NETWORKING!) (F8 at startup - just keep tapping it until the option comes up).

Log on and run all these (at the same time) in conjunction with Norton System Scan.

Hopefully this should get rid of your virus/trojan and clean up any other ship you have on your PC.

Also, download Crap Cleaner and run that every 2 weeks or so. Check the settings/options before you do so, so it doesn't delete any important cookies or bookmarks, etc!

This should give your PC a good gutting and get rid of any other hidden problems as well as your trojan.

The best of luck to you, chap!
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:46
Regular
I know that this should be posted in the pc section but from my past experience the xbox boys have the knolwedge!
Thu 25/08/05 at 18:32
Regular
Does any of you knowledgeable souls know anything about this cretinous trojan?

Norton internet security keeps informing me that it is blocking the thing from installing in my system, then problem app that's infected is my inbuilt microsoft fax software according to norton (or the miscrosoft printer spooler if my deductions are correct as when i uninstall the fax software then reinstall it the thing is still there and only shows up when i go to the 'printers' folder & click on FAX, nothing else in the 'printers folder has this effect but that would by visage PDF creator or the microsoft document image writer)
No antispyware software seems to be able to root it out as it has not installed yet, it seems to be lodged somewhere in the DLL's or SYS files or EXE or the like.
Any Ideas? is is possible to overwrite these files safely & thereby overwrite the Fecker?
I have spent too much time on this problem and am no nearer!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.