GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"360 prices"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/08/05 at 11:12
Regular
is it me or does any one else feel that microsoft are ripping off their fans. I know companys have to make their money but looking at the prices below there having a bloody big laugh at us all. They have obviously forgotten that not all of us have bottomless pockets when it comes to money.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox360/accessories.htm
Fri 26/08/05 at 18:05
Regular
Hehe, damn right!

My HDTV is arriving tomorrow :D
Fri 26/08/05 at 16:11
"Tesco value"
true, I remember when we got our DS's, you wern't bothered about the PSP at all, then in a blink of an eyelid you'd pre-ordered it and got one!

you're marketers dream, then again, me too. I will get a HDTV soon purely so I see all the pixels i'm supposed to see.

The're mine, I brought them!
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:14
Regular
It's already hyping itself up witht he fact it's a mere 3 Months away.

I really, really wasn't bothered about the console from announcement up until a few weeks ago - since then I've just been reading up and reading up on it. This is the kind of hype I hate, but I'm a sucker for.

The same will most probably happen come PS3 too. I'm not at all bothered about that at the moment, but as it gets closer, I'll start reading up on it, eventually resulting in a Preorder :(
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:07
Regular
gordenisagaybys wrote:
> I just think if it's coming out as soon as November (not the 39th!
> soz) where is the Hype? make me want to buy one microsoft!

I agree. But maybe when a release date and launch titles are confirmed, the hype will start to build...
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:05
Regular
gordenisagaybys wrote:
> I just think if it's coming out as soon as November (not the 39th!
> soz) where is the Hype? make me want to buy one microsoft!

They're building up to something happening through their viral campaign at www.origenxbox360.com.
Fri 26/08/05 at 13:01
"Tesco value"
yeah, a little pricey, the wireless controller can run on AA batteries, I think you should just be able to just by the battery packs themselves as no-one needs 4 charging cables for 4 controllers.

The Xbox when it came out on the day was £300 on it's own, compared to £270 for a better console and wireless controller it is a saving, and 300 of the queens finest was worth alot more all those years ago than it does now!

They will eventually go down in price, once the supermarkets start stocking them and buying the consoles in bulks it will push perherpials
price down.

I'm still dubious about it though ,even though I have pre-ordered. The guy at LAME showed me a magazine about what it is capable of, but it's all the screenshots i've seen off the net, nothing new. There is a DVD coming out soon that everyone who pre-orders gets so it'll be interesting to see.

I just think if it's coming out as soon as November (not the 39th! soz) where is the Hype? make me want to buy one microsoft!
Fri 26/08/05 at 11:43
Regular
I think those prices are fair, although I'd like it if they chucked a Charge & Play kit into the Standard pack.
Fri 26/08/05 at 11:21
Regular
"hulagadoo"
[URL]http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox360/accessories.htm[/URL] Im not too bothered by these prices as I expected to pay more for the actual console
Fri 26/08/05 at 11:12
Regular
is it me or does any one else feel that microsoft are ripping off their fans. I know companys have to make their money but looking at the prices below there having a bloody big laugh at us all. They have obviously forgotten that not all of us have bottomless pockets when it comes to money.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox360/accessories.htm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.