GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Setup Program"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/02/03 at 21:48
Regular
Does anyone know how to make a setup. Ive seen them setup.bat. i think they merge files together but i aint to sure. anyone know?
Mon 17/02/03 at 12:29
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You may find http://www.windowsshellscripting.com/ a useful resource, but I don't guarantee it as I just got it out of google :O]
Mon 17/02/03 at 12:01
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
oh well!! at least i got my setup program working! thanx amd man!
Sun 16/02/03 at 23:55
Regular
menus would be complicated and would need a graphical software to make the menu, i think there is menu software out there but no idea were.

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 23:42
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
it worked! thanx! but i had to put [autorun] at the start of it.

How would you do it with menu`s
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:39
Regular
If all you want to do is run each file one after another, i.e a text file then when you close that down a .exe file then all you have to do is open the notepad in windows and Type C:\full address of file and then press enter and underneath do the same for the next file and so on then when you have finished save the file as setup.bat or whatever you want to call it and voila you have a setup file.

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:31
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
what would the title of the ini file be. I.e [autorun],[rename].
Well,lets say i want file 1.exe and 2.doc. all to run one after another what would i do. is there a site that tells you all about this because i cant find anything on it.
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:28
Regular
How advanced do you want to go?, do you want all sorts of menus and stuff, do you want them all to open at the same time? or one after another?, basically you will have to write some dos commands in notepad then save as setup.bat then it will run from there, we can't tell you what to write as we don't know exactly what you want to do.

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:20
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
well,lets say i had 3 files, first was a read me, second was a setup reg and 3rd was a icon . how would i just by clicking one file (i.e a Setup.bat) make them run.
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:04
Regular
explain what you mean and want to do....?

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 21:48
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Does anyone know how to make a setup. Ive seen them setup.bat. i think they merge files together but i aint to sure. anyone know?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.