GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/01/01 at 18:26
Regular
Im a lover of all games and consoles but i get sick and tired of people saying oh X-Box is gonna trash PS2. Ok the X-Box has better specs but isnt a games console about the games.
The PS2 has great Graphics but some of the games lack in the gameplay department and isnt that what the most important thing in a game is the Gameplay.
The X-Box has great graphics but have u played the games and the same with the gamecube but with the likes of mario and zelda and perfect dark nintendo dont have worrys. neither do Sony with MGS2 comin out. The same with X-Box with their own MGS but thats 1 game.
I bought a PS2 because i owned a ps1 for 4 years and loved it and so i wanted their new creation. So ar ive been impressed but ive been impressed with the X-Box and Gamecube.
Im not putting them down but we actually havent played on them so just dont make assumptions aboput something that u havnt played.
Tue 09/01/01 at 18:26
Im a lover of all games and consoles but i get sick and tired of people saying oh X-Box is gonna trash PS2. Ok the X-Box has better specs but isnt a games console about the games.
The PS2 has great Graphics but some of the games lack in the gameplay department and isnt that what the most important thing in a game is the Gameplay.
The X-Box has great graphics but have u played the games and the same with the gamecube but with the likes of mario and zelda and perfect dark nintendo dont have worrys. neither do Sony with MGS2 comin out. The same with X-Box with their own MGS but thats 1 game.
I bought a PS2 because i owned a ps1 for 4 years and loved it and so i wanted their new creation. So ar ive been impressed but ive been impressed with the X-Box and Gamecube.
Im not putting them down but we actually havent played on them so just dont make assumptions aboput something that u havnt played.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:09
Regular
huh?
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Under the Wall"
So what you're saying is don't make assumptions on consoles by virtue of reputation, precedent and hype, but do make assumptions about games on the basis of reputation, precedent and hype?
And also that you can make assumptions about PS2 when you decide to buy it on the basis of PS1, but nobody can do exactly the same thing with respect to gamecube or x-box?

...must fight the urge to patronise...
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:13
Regular
A good opinion, one of which we need more of in this forum.

Go my people... (Er?) Go and find the people, and bring them here...
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:18
Regular
He's pointing out all the good points of the consoles, which are, the best is yet to come. :D
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:19
Regular
And we already know that.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
He also said that he loved his PS1. I like mine, but I wouldn't go that far.
Tue 09/01/01 at 19:22
Regular
Sorry Snipe, I just had to defend myself. After all, I did choose *that* game for Gameaday... :0)
Tue 09/01/01 at 22:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Are you sure you are getting the Gamecube version and not the ones they made for the Dolphin?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.