GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've been marching: now my feet hurt"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/02/03 at 20:30
Regular
Well, I made it to the anti-war demo; although due to geographical circumstances, I marched through Glasgow rather than London. I spent most of last week in hospital and thought that I might not be able to make it at all: but I laughed in the face of medical science and soldiered on. It's all catching up with me now though, and my evening is very definitely over.

Was it worth it? I think so. The Glasgow march was timed so that the crowds would arrive outside the SECC as Tony Blair gave his speech to the Labour Party conference. This obviously scared our 'courageous' PM, and instead he delivered his speech first thing in the morning. 1-0 to the protestors.

Hmmm, the protestors. I must have looked at thousands of different banners today: and not one offered support to terrorists, or to Saddam's regime; there were plenty of anti-Bush messages, but nothing you could describe as anti-American; there was religion, but no fundamentalism; politics, but no party squabbling. All I saw today was concern for the unnecessary victims of war: both amongst the innoccent civilians and conscripted soldiers of 'their' side, and amongst the armed forces of 'our' side.

I've been on quite a few protest marches, and this was easily the most diverse. There were groups of the very old and the very young. Trade unions, political parties and pressure groups. Church groups representing all faiths. And loads and loads of ordinary people. This wasn't just the usual suspects. And it definitely wasn't just a bunch of posers trying to be 'fashionable'

Maybe it will even make a difference: and it's not often that you get to say that in this democratic paradise. I'll leave you with my favourite little chant:

1! 2! 3! 4! Bin Laden wants a new Gulf War!
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:30
Regular
"relocated"
Well, I made it to the anti-war demo; although due to geographical circumstances, I marched through Glasgow rather than London. I spent most of last week in hospital and thought that I might not be able to make it at all: but I laughed in the face of medical science and soldiered on. It's all catching up with me now though, and my evening is very definitely over.

Was it worth it? I think so. The Glasgow march was timed so that the crowds would arrive outside the SECC as Tony Blair gave his speech to the Labour Party conference. This obviously scared our 'courageous' PM, and instead he delivered his speech first thing in the morning. 1-0 to the protestors.

Hmmm, the protestors. I must have looked at thousands of different banners today: and not one offered support to terrorists, or to Saddam's regime; there were plenty of anti-Bush messages, but nothing you could describe as anti-American; there was religion, but no fundamentalism; politics, but no party squabbling. All I saw today was concern for the unnecessary victims of war: both amongst the innoccent civilians and conscripted soldiers of 'their' side, and amongst the armed forces of 'our' side.

I've been on quite a few protest marches, and this was easily the most diverse. There were groups of the very old and the very young. Trade unions, political parties and pressure groups. Church groups representing all faiths. And loads and loads of ordinary people. This wasn't just the usual suspects. And it definitely wasn't just a bunch of posers trying to be 'fashionable'

Maybe it will even make a difference: and it's not often that you get to say that in this democratic paradise. I'll leave you with my favourite little chant:

1! 2! 3! 4! Bin Laden wants a new Gulf War!
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There was a whole section of the London march with Pro-Saddam banners.
And then there were people with banners like "War kills families" and I wanted to say "so does Saddam"
Grrr. It wasn't worth it at all.
Sat 15/02/03 at 22:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You were in the Glasgow one?

YeY. So was I.

For a bit. :-D
Sat 15/02/03 at 22:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Joined in at about St. Vincent Steet and completed the rest of it.

That's what I mean by 'For a bit'.

Didn't do the whole thing.
Sun 16/02/03 at 00:15
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I'm going to laugh when Saddam attacks with all of these weapons that he
'doesn't have'. . . then we can say HA YOU DID HAVE WEAPONS. . . OH NO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
Sun 16/02/03 at 00:16
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I'd like to see you march when wer'e all dying of anthrax or I'd like to see the poor people march when they are blown to bits by a scuicide bomber in a cafe.
Sun 16/02/03 at 00:27
Regular
Oh yeah, and I'm sure you'll still be laughing when America manages to wipe out half the population of the world... I went on the march today because I generally believe that it'd be fun. And it was.

Oh, and I got to express that I thought killing lots of random people was a bad idea, hurray for me.
Sun 16/02/03 at 00:40
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
no, america are crazy.

So is Saddam, I'm just saying that you won't be marching IF he blows us up with the weapons he 'DOESN'T HAVE'. I don't want anyone to go to war.

It'd be better if Bush was not an A hole and had a friendly meeting with Saddam where they had tea, coffe and buiscits.
Sun 16/02/03 at 00:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Is it just my computer acting up again, or have the names next to each post on the left gone funny?
It looks.... different.....
Sun 16/02/03 at 00:42
Regular
That's why I was carrying a "No War" and "Peace" flags. Not "Bush, go bomb So Damn Insane!", or "Saddam for head of New Religion" or whatever.

I just don't want dead people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.