GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future of Buffy [SPOILERS]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/02/03 at 01:10
Regular
For a while now, the future of Buffy seems to have been in doubt. Sarah Michelle Gellar wanted to leave the show, and it seems she has, only to appear for guest appearances.
However, the show will live on, with a familiar new main slayer. Read more here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/ [SPACE] tv_and_radio/2756657.stm
Sun 16/02/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
sideshow buzz wrote:
> I think 'The Watcher' is in the works at the moment, not sure what
> point they are at with it.

Its now called "Ripper" and it starts filming this May and should be on BBC2 in July. Well thats if they keep to the current schedule.
Sun 16/02/03 at 03:46
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I think 'The Watcher' is in the works at the moment, not sure what point they are at with it.
I remember reading something about it (probably in SFX) in an interview with Anthony Stewart Head.

Can't see where the magazine is at the moment, but I'll have a quick look tommorow, that or I'll look on the net :)
Sun 16/02/03 at 03:33
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> You wouldn't put up with Spiderman or Superman without the title
> character, would you?

Yeah you are right I suppose. I did hear along time ago, I think it was during season four, but I can't remember where, that they where thinking of doing two spin offs, one for Faith called "Faith" and one for Giles called "The Watcher". I wonder if they will...
Sun 16/02/03 at 03:21
"High polygon count"
Emeralda wrote:
> Although I watch and enjoy the show, I have never really liked Buffy
> herself. Its because I really love the film and didn't think Sarah was
> right as Buffy.

I'm the opposite - I thought the original movie was completely crap!

Although I like Eliza Dushku and the character Faith, I think that if Sarah leaves the show, they should just let it die gracefully. Quite simply, it wouldn't be Buffy without Buffy!

By all means create a spin-off with Faith as the main character, and maybe some new sidekicks, but let Buffy as it is go with some respect. Otherwise it could quickly decend into farce.

You wouldn't put up with Spiderman or Superman without the title character, would you?
Sun 16/02/03 at 03:04
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
From what cipro said...
The cast has always had the contracts for 7 seasons of the show (the main cast from the beginning) so logically this was assumed to be the maximum life of the show.
I can't see them extending Buffy to an 8th series, but instead tying up that part of the show (after all Angel should still be going) and leaving scope for a movie sometime in the future.

I'd like to see the extension of the thing with Faith as the slayer in focus in a spin off show (I think I read something about this on bbc.co.uk/cult under the buffy bit)

Should a spin off series be made it would be interesting to see who gets it: like Fox or UPN... , I say that because if say FOX got it, it would open up the possibility for proper crossover episodes again.
Sun 16/02/03 at 02:50
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
Although I watch and enjoy the show, I have never really liked Buffy herself. Its because I really love the film and didn't think Sarah was right as Buffy. I do like Eliza and her character so I hope she can pull off being the lead in the series. It will be interesting to watch even if it is for only one series.
Sat 15/02/03 at 14:32
Regular
"A man with a stick"
From what I hear there is no future for Buffy, apparantly after it's seventh season it will be canceled:

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi? [SPACE] newsid1043940748,2904,

Not that it bothers me, I didn't like that show anyway.
Sat 15/02/03 at 01:26
Regular
"I'm Great."
Thanks
I heard a lot of rumors about the future
If anyones to "replace" her the I'm glad it's Eliza.
Should give the series a new lease of life, hopefully.
Sat 15/02/03 at 01:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
For a while now, the future of Buffy seems to have been in doubt. Sarah Michelle Gellar wanted to leave the show, and it seems she has, only to appear for guest appearances.
However, the show will live on, with a familiar new main slayer. Read more here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/ [SPACE] tv_and_radio/2756657.stm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.