GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Problem ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/11/08 at 07:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is there a problem with Freeola's email ?.I cannot login to my account.I get the following message :

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

I have another (non Freeola) account which I receive emails through and that is working fine.
Wed 12/11/08 at 17:59
"Are you sure?"
Normal service has been resumed :¬)

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 12/11/08 at 17:51
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sorry about that, the server should be back up and running again now.
Wed 12/11/08 at 17:26
"Are you sure?"
Looks like this problem may have returned...

Nothing on 'status' page yet.

EDIT: Status page has been updated now.

Thanks...

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Wed 12/11/08 at 12:54
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
There was an issue with the Freeola POP server 'mail.freeola.net' this morning which caused it to become inaccessible for a short time.

This issue was resolved before 9 o'clock and all mail should not be working correctly.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this brief downtime.
Wed 12/11/08 at 10:35
Regular
Hi Pete_21,
My email is working fine too now.

Re cheap suppliers: I've been with Freeola for about 7 years now, and in all they time I think they have only been down for 1 day during the storms and flooding a few years ago, so they offer excellent service. But since they brought in their 'fair use' policy, I find them too expensive. I work from home 3 days a week (technical writer) and need to download several GB a day for the latest product builds, so I get charged a fortune.

On top of that I get cut off and sent emails for copyright infringement. I wouldn't mind, but getting accused of downloading Rambo4 is just plain embarrassing. Rambo4? Please, I wouldn't steal that if you paid me. My wireless is secure, but they insist someone in my street gets into it on a semi-regular basis, so I have to change all the passwords each week (xbox360, ps3, wii, 3 laptops, 2 pcs). Fun fun fun. Final straw was getting my connection cut off for copyright infringement while I was on holiday. With my PCs and Router off. Somehow, I don't think that is possible.

I spoke to friends and they say that their O2 service is great (£7.50 if you are already an O2 customer) for 4meg service which is all my exchange can handle.
Wed 12/11/08 at 09:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
Emails working fine now.

I would be very wary of cheap ISP's (been there,done that).They are fine to start with but then they get totally overloaded and you end up with crappy speeds and usless Indian based customer support.As an ex-Tiscali customer I was offered 'unlimited' internet and all of my phone calls for £6.95 a month when I dared to try and leave.I would honestly say after my experiences with them I would not have stayed if their service was free.I have 2 friends one has just left Talk Talk/AOL the other Orange after very similar experiences to mine.Freeola works out at what,£5 a week ?.It always works,with very good speed and any problems (which are very to rare to be honest) are sorted quickly with no hassle by UK staff.Our family has 2 accounts with them and we consider their service to be good value for money.
Wed 12/11/08 at 07:58
Regular
Yup, same here. At first I thought Freeola had disconnected me as I change to O2 on friday (only £7.50 a month). But now I see I am not the only one with the problem. Luckily the Network Status page says everything is fine ;)
Wed 12/11/08 at 07:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Is there a problem with Freeola's email ?.I cannot login to my account.I get the following message :

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.freeola.net', Server: 'mail.freeola.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

I have another (non Freeola) account which I receive emails through and that is working fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.