GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GeForce FX Using SDRAM"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
In the SR mag is says there GF FX is using SDRam... if it is is there a substantial performance decrease? I have heard that NVidia are reducing production to 100,000 units, and that the performance is not as Radeon-9700-smashing as hoped.
Thu 13/02/03 at 23:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I understand your point TBN, but I did say that the reference fan was 70dB, I did not say all fans would be this loud.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
a) Not all, in fact, I'd be surprised if any, of the final cards give out 70db

b) P4_MAN you know less about graphics cards than you do about the inside of women's legs. Stop acting like you're clever

c) Please remember that even the latest benchmarks were done on pre-production cards with pre-production drivers. People with memories will remember the same "fiasco" happened on both the GF3 and GF4 platforms, I gaurantee the card will not be as "crap" as it seems at the moment.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:07
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Don't be silly that has nothing to do with the AGP speed, it is the supposed bandwidth of the RAM on the card, it also gives out a huge 70dB of noise using the reference fan.....
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:36
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
I totaly agree with you memoridan, theres a jump of something like 30 gb bandwith aint there. that card looks all good an all but i dont think it delivers what it says, not to mention even agp 8 could cope with 48gb bandwith,not to sure on that fact tho.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:54
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It doesn't actually get near that 48GB/s bandwidth in reality, that is the claim by nVidia that LMA (Lightspeed Memory Architecture) allows it, but it is blatantly untrue, as in benchmarks it only narrowly outperforms ATIs card, despite its 500MHz core and supposed "48GB/s" bandwidth.....
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:50
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
well sd ram =single data rate and ddr =double date rate. so id asume that it would be half as fast but it is 256 mb and 48 gb

Oh i just remebered. that graphics card dont exist!!! loads of ppl have complained about it from sr that they received the totaly wrong card and this is more than just one person that have said it.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The SR mag is wrong, it uses DDRII memory, operating at 1000MHz, however it has only got 128 bit memory architecture, therefore is limited to a bandwidth of 16GB/s compared to the Radeon 9700Pro's 19GB/s

IF it were to use SDRAM, which it wouldn't, the performance drop would be HUGE, it wouldn't even perform as well as a GF4 in that case, so it would be stupid, it is obviously a printing error.....
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:42
Regular
"*clanfromhell.co.uk"
In the SR mag is says there GF FX is using SDRam... if it is is there a substantial performance decrease? I have heard that NVidia are reducing production to 100,000 units, and that the performance is not as Radeon-9700-smashing as hoped.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.