GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Haunted House"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 20:24
Regular
I glanced up at the old,dark house.The sun shone brightly into my green-ish,teal eyes.I raised my hand over them to get a better view.The house was old,and run down.

"What are you looking at,Gena?"asked a girl from my school,Lexis,whom I didn't get along with well.You see,she was popular.I wasn't.

"That house up there. People say its hauted, but...its just a bunch of hoo-flah,"I said,looking at her quickly,then back to the old house.

"Oh,you don't belive in ghosts,eh?" She commented in that snotty tone of hers.

"Its rubbish,"I commented,also in a rude tone.

"I bet...you wont stay there tonight,"She said,grinning.

"Damn right."

"Wimp,"She said,and pushed me slightly,"come on.One night."

I sighed,knowing she'd never let me down if I didn't."One night..."

"Great.Meet me there at nine."

Walking up the forest path,which eventually led to the house,I looked at my glow-in-the-dark watch. Eight fifty seven.I'm on time.

"Lexis?"I called out to her.

"Over here!"She shone her flashlight at me,giving me some light on the dark path.I stood next to her now.

"Didn't think you'd show..."She said.I could tell by the shakeyness in her voice,she was a bit scared,as I was.

"Well,better get in and settled,"She said and pushed open the large,cold,brass door.I stepped in and looked around.I pulled my flashlight from a bag,which had clothes,bottled water,two sandwiches,and toilet paper,and a blanket.I turned the flashlight on and looked around.

"Its spooky,Lexis,can't I just go home?"I turned around.She was gone.
"Lexis,you're not funny..."I called out,"Come back please..."

And the door slammed shut."Damnit,Lexis.."

There wasn't much in the house.A blanket of dust covered the floor completely. I left footprints in it whenever I took a step.Stuck with a feeling of childness,I bent over,and wrote my name in the dust.

"Well,I'd better get comfy.I'm not leaving,no matter what. Not until seven in the morning."I told myself,sternly.

I laid out my blanket on the floor,and folded it in half;one side to keep me warm,the other to keep me out of the dust.To make the night go faster,I decided to sleep.I crawled under both sides of the blanket,and closed my eyes.

BOOM!A loud noise abruptly woke me up.I grabbed my flashlight,turned it on,and shone it around.The was a door on the other side of the room I haden't noticed before.Cautiously,I stood and approached it.

"I-is anyone t-there?"I called out nervously.

I gently put my hand on the door,and turned it slightly.Wait,I told myself,what am I doing?I shook my thought away and opened the door.A cold,hard breeze knocked me off my feet.My flashlight flew out of my hand.The light went out. There I was. Sitting on the floor,terrified,and unsure of what happened. I felt something hit me. Hard. Right square on the head. And knocked me out.

The next morning,Lexis opened the front door.She screamed when she saw my cold,lifeless body on the floor,with a terrified expresion on my pale face...

Ok, well this isn't mine, its a friends story, so what do you think?
:)
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I glanced up at the old,dark house.The sun shone brightly into my green-ish,teal eyes.I raised my hand over them to get a better view.The house was old,and run down.

"What are you looking at,Gena?"asked a girl from my school,Lexis,whom I didn't get along with well.You see,she was popular.I wasn't.

"That house up there. People say its hauted, but...its just a bunch of hoo-flah,"I said,looking at her quickly,then back to the old house.

"Oh,you don't belive in ghosts,eh?" She commented in that snotty tone of hers.

"Its rubbish,"I commented,also in a rude tone.

"I bet...you wont stay there tonight,"She said,grinning.

"Damn right."

"Wimp,"She said,and pushed me slightly,"come on.One night."

I sighed,knowing she'd never let me down if I didn't."One night..."

"Great.Meet me there at nine."

Walking up the forest path,which eventually led to the house,I looked at my glow-in-the-dark watch. Eight fifty seven.I'm on time.

"Lexis?"I called out to her.

"Over here!"She shone her flashlight at me,giving me some light on the dark path.I stood next to her now.

"Didn't think you'd show..."She said.I could tell by the shakeyness in her voice,she was a bit scared,as I was.

"Well,better get in and settled,"She said and pushed open the large,cold,brass door.I stepped in and looked around.I pulled my flashlight from a bag,which had clothes,bottled water,two sandwiches,and toilet paper,and a blanket.I turned the flashlight on and looked around.

"Its spooky,Lexis,can't I just go home?"I turned around.She was gone.
"Lexis,you're not funny..."I called out,"Come back please..."

And the door slammed shut."Damnit,Lexis.."

There wasn't much in the house.A blanket of dust covered the floor completely. I left footprints in it whenever I took a step.Stuck with a feeling of childness,I bent over,and wrote my name in the dust.

"Well,I'd better get comfy.I'm not leaving,no matter what. Not until seven in the morning."I told myself,sternly.

I laid out my blanket on the floor,and folded it in half;one side to keep me warm,the other to keep me out of the dust.To make the night go faster,I decided to sleep.I crawled under both sides of the blanket,and closed my eyes.

BOOM!A loud noise abruptly woke me up.I grabbed my flashlight,turned it on,and shone it around.The was a door on the other side of the room I haden't noticed before.Cautiously,I stood and approached it.

"I-is anyone t-there?"I called out nervously.

I gently put my hand on the door,and turned it slightly.Wait,I told myself,what am I doing?I shook my thought away and opened the door.A cold,hard breeze knocked me off my feet.My flashlight flew out of my hand.The light went out. There I was. Sitting on the floor,terrified,and unsure of what happened. I felt something hit me. Hard. Right square on the head. And knocked me out.

The next morning,Lexis opened the front door.She screamed when she saw my cold,lifeless body on the floor,with a terrified expresion on my pale face...

Ok, well this isn't mine, its a friends story, so what do you think?
:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.