GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One Thing Scares Me ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
It's not death or anything like that. In fact, death really doesn't bother me right now, I've better things to worry about.

It may seem a little strange but the only thing I want is healthy kids. There's so many arguments and things to think about over this subject, and I've been through them all since I was a kid myself.

What if one if my unborn kids is known to have some crippling or mental disease? I couldn't possibly get rid of it, not if it was one of my own, but I don't want to raise a kid with the extra problem those kind of things can bring about.
It sounds really harsh, I know, but I don't think I could care for a kid day after day, year after year, for the rest of my and their lives. I want to be able to everything a normal dad does with his kids, to play games and teach them wise stuff they'll always think off and say "my dad taught me that".
But if my kid can't even remeber who I am, can't even speak to me and tell me anything, or me him, I just couldn't cope.

I was wondering whether parents with kids with these conditions, down to behavoirial problem meaning they'll always act liek kids, really do manage. Do they always think that it could have been so different, it could have been better than it is?
Or do they have so much love for the own child they overlook the condition or disease and just look with love.

I'm just not sure I could, and it scares me a little that I could be so cold and harsh. Please don't accuse me of being 'disablilty-ist' or whatever it is, Im not.
I'm just considering my own feelings when faced with the problem with my own kids, the people I've created.

I just really think i couldn't cope, I want healthy kids, and it's the only thing that worries me.
I know the odds of something like this happening are so slim, its really not likely to happen. But they're still there, and it still could happen.

I don't think I could give up my life, my jobs, my friends, to spend my days looking after my child who can't do anything for themselves.
It probably sounds really selfish and inconsiderate.
But it scares me.

Cheers,
FFF

Sorry if I got all confused, I wrote it on the spot. And I've got myself all worried.
Fri 14/02/03 at 14:58
Regular
"That's right!"
If it were me, I'd ask them to load me into a wheelchair, then leave me next to a cliff edge. I'd drive myself off. They couldn't be blamed for assisting me (I'd leave a note saying I tricked them, even if they knew what I wanted to do)
Thu 13/02/03 at 23:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I say that people should be allowed to commit suicide if there really is no point in them living.

Ok, so if you're getting bullied, or something similar, and you're wanting to end it all, then fair enough, but you've got to keep in mind that people such as your friends and family will just wonder why - and who knows? You might end up having a great life as time goes by and you leave the situation you are in, and move on to better things.

But if you're physically disabled, and you can't do anything with your life, then suicide, or in more extreme cases, assisted suicide should be allowed - many people would rather just end their life than sit in pain and agony for year upon year not really doing much.

Diane Pretty was refused assisted suicide, wrongfully - she should've been allowed to end her life. There was no way that she could go on. It's just stupid that she was refused at court. I know if I was in that state I'd want to just finish off with my life, and not sit, completely motionless and destroyed - I just couldn't live.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:54
Regular
"That's right!"
I think everyone has the right to commit suicide. In a perfect world, no-one should ever need to, but in the world we live in, sadly suicide seems to be the only way out for some. If you can't do it yourself, then you should be able to have somebody do it for you. I personally can see no reason why there are laws against it. If they publically want to end their lives, and their family know about it (so doctors can't bump people off and claim they asked for it) then they should be allowed to do it, with no charges brought against those responsible.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I agree with you there Mojojojo. But what about Euthanasia? Alot of people who have that disease want to end their lives, but the courts rule against assisted suicide. It is one of the great dilemnas of the age - should we help them die, releasing them from their misery, or let them stay the way they are, in great pain?
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:24
Regular
"That's right!"
You're thinking for yourself there. There's two sides to the coin. I'd have to do what I felt would be best for the kid. They could be born, and be happy, regardless of how they look (or whatever) On the other hand, they could deeply resent life, and wish they were dead. I personally don't think any of us have the right to make that decision, whether to take away their chance of life, just "in case" they hate themselves and wish they were dead. They won't get another chance at life, I say let them go with the one they have.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Some of these views surprise me.

You can just throw it away if it is not what you want.
Should count yourself lucky enough with what you have.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I know i would, if i had a child that had a mental or physical condition i would be gutted.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:16
Regular
"That's right!"
You would kill your unborn child simply because he/she wouldn't be/act "normal"?

This isn't the fly.

I just hope that by the time I have children, such deformaties are a thing of the past, along with cancer, heart disease and male balding.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Not a Jew"
There are conditions you have to meet for abortions, but I can only remember 1 of them, its that you have to have two doctors that both agree that the baby should be aborted.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well theres a simple way of getting around that worry, if tests show that the unborn child has errors have it aborted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.