GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jesus"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
If you think games are getting easier, download mame, and the original rtpye.

I finished it on one credit many, many years ago.
Sat 03/09/05 at 12:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Aha, this takes me back to my C64 days, where getting past the first level in a game was an achievement in itself.
Fri 02/09/05 at 15:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mechcommander on Hard.

:*(
Thu 01/09/05 at 00:17
"High polygon count"
I got one of those systems at Christmas that you plug in to the TV and play old games on.

One of the games is Phoenix.

I was crap at it 20 years ago, and nothing has changed. :-(
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The only games nowadays which have caused me any difficulty are in the Ratchet and Clank series. And even then, it only takes a few goes.

You know, if games were harder more kids would give up and go to play outside.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:57
"period drama"
And these days, there's just so many different titles around that most gamers will just give up on a game they're not getting anywhere with and play something else.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:16
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Gah, I thought someone needed healing :(
Mon 29/08/05 at 12:08
Regular
You've got to remember that games back in the days of R-Type were the domain of bedroom dwellers and hardcore arcade fans.

The games were made incredibly difficult, to near impossible, by the programmers to satisfy the market.

Now that gaming is more mainstream, the audience is wider, the games are easier.
Mon 29/08/05 at 10:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think i ran off and cried at not being able to finish it.
Mon 29/08/05 at 07:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> so was megaman on the nes/snes.

The first Megaman on the nes was incredibly difficult. I got such a sense of acheivement from finishing that one.
Sun 28/08/05 at 23:36
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think it's a shame, games like Radiant silver gun on the saturn is truly challenging, so was megaman on the nes/snes. these days you get maybe 8-12 hours out of a single player game and never really have to redo any part of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.