GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roy Keane"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 20:34
Regular
Roy Keane has quit international football on the advice of doctors in a bid to prolong his Manchester United career.

Keane has told new Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr that he will not play for his country again.

He had left the Republic squad just before the World Cup in the summer following a public spat with McCarthy.

Keane said in a statement: "During a meeting with Brian Kerr last week he outlined to me his future plans for the Irish team.

"It was my first meeting with Brian and I formulated the opinion that the Irish team was in very capable hands.

"It has always been my desire to play again for Ireland and following my meeting with Brian, I discussed in depth with my manager Alex Ferguson, my wife and my immediate family the possibility of my return to international football.

"I also consulted with my medical team who operated upon my hip last September.

"The unequivocal advice given to me by my doctors was that I should not return [to international football].

"In the light of such advice I regret that I am compelled to confirm my retirement from international football.

"I am extremely grateful for all the support I have received in recent months and I am equally sorry that I am unable to play again for my country.

"I wish Brian and the players the best in the future. They will have my full support at all times."

What does everyone think about this?
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:20
Regular
Shearer has been superb ever since he quit England, so hopefully Keane can follow suit like that. Although Keane has always been superb...

His game has always been built around determination and stamina so i guess when that goes he will have to retire. But his desire to win and competitive edge should carve a path in coaching and possibly management. Already heard enough times that he is the mirror image of Fergie...
Wed 12/02/03 at 12:02
"Darkness, always"
Can't see him lasting more than a couple of seasons before joining the coaching staff myself.
Wed 12/02/03 at 11:55
Regular
"smile, it's free"
That does make you wonder how well they could have done with him.

One man doesn't make a team I suppose, but it can't be denied that Keane often makes a big difference for United. It also has to be said that this does make you wonder how long he has left for United. It could well be the trigger for people to start taking particular notice of exactly how he performs on the pitch, too - rather than half his performance being judged by his reputation alone.
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:35
"Darkness, always"
This is good news for Man Utd fans, possibly bad news for Ireland, but I don't see why.

They did pretty well in the world cup without him.
Wed 12/02/03 at 01:48
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
he will be missed, but there is a new keano in the irish team now, and along with duff they helped the irish do so well in the world cup.

does this mean though he will be cutting down on his games for man utd?? as he would only have to play about 10 games a year for ireland anyway.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
Roy Keane has quit international football on the advice of doctors in a bid to prolong his Manchester United career.

Keane has told new Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr that he will not play for his country again.

He had left the Republic squad just before the World Cup in the summer following a public spat with McCarthy.

Keane said in a statement: "During a meeting with Brian Kerr last week he outlined to me his future plans for the Irish team.

"It was my first meeting with Brian and I formulated the opinion that the Irish team was in very capable hands.

"It has always been my desire to play again for Ireland and following my meeting with Brian, I discussed in depth with my manager Alex Ferguson, my wife and my immediate family the possibility of my return to international football.

"I also consulted with my medical team who operated upon my hip last September.

"The unequivocal advice given to me by my doctors was that I should not return [to international football].

"In the light of such advice I regret that I am compelled to confirm my retirement from international football.

"I am extremely grateful for all the support I have received in recent months and I am equally sorry that I am unable to play again for my country.

"I wish Brian and the players the best in the future. They will have my full support at all times."

What does everyone think about this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.