GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oscar nominations"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:21
Regular
http://www.oscar.com/nominees/nomineelist.html

So Chicago gets a Best Director nomination, but Peter Jackson doesn't? Sod that. And if Gangs or LotR doesn't get Best Film, my last shred of respect for the Oscars is gone. And thats a small shred after last years joke.

Bah. Oh, and no adapted screenplay nomination for LotR? So converting the best book of the 20th century into one of the most successful films of the year isn't even worth a nomination? But what does? About a sodding Boy.

Gangs of New York and LotR should clean up. What will? Chicago.

It's a joke.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Gangs of New York was crap.

Spose I am going to have to watch it again. I was busy in the cinema.

Also, come on guys. LOTR isn't an American film so it won't win anything. The Oscars are completely rigged.
Tue 11/02/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Nice to see the anime film Spirited Away get nominated for best animated feature. It sure beats the heck out of all the overly commercial crap Disney shovels out these days.
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:17
Regular
Day Lewis should definetly get the Oscar me thinks, he did a great job as the Butcher.

The film was quite good but as Aliboy said, it started out well but just dragged on for too long, it would have redeemed itself a bit at the end of there was a decent fight but instead people started firing cannons.

Quite good film but nothing more IMO.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:41
Regular
Day-Lewis should get Best Actor. Look at the Best Picture nominees. The Hours - crap. The Pianist - looks crap. Chicago - utter crap. It's got to be LotR or Gangs.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I didn't like it that much.

The soppy love crap with the hooker thief chick was just pointless and spoiled things in my opinion.
Not enough fighting.
Started well and just kind of died down too much.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:31
Regular
I thought Gangs was a superb film.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:29
Regular
If Gangs of New York gets best film then I really will pi-ss myself with laughter. Okay film but if that's really what the Academy believes to be one of the best or the best films of last year then it really was a terrible year for films.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I haven't seen it, but Chicago looks like a rubbish version of Moulin Rouge.

LOTR rules all.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:21
Regular
http://www.oscar.com/nominees/nomineelist.html

So Chicago gets a Best Director nomination, but Peter Jackson doesn't? Sod that. And if Gangs or LotR doesn't get Best Film, my last shred of respect for the Oscars is gone. And thats a small shred after last years joke.

Bah. Oh, and no adapted screenplay nomination for LotR? So converting the best book of the 20th century into one of the most successful films of the year isn't even worth a nomination? But what does? About a sodding Boy.

Gangs of New York and LotR should clean up. What will? Chicago.

It's a joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.