GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do chip PSX 1 need scart leads?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/01/01 at 18:40
Regular
Everybody with a chip psx say that once you've got it chiped you need a scart lead to play some games in colour.
Where does this scart go? because i've looked all over for a scart socket in my psx, there is only three sockets one for the power another for the aerial and the others about 2cm big. If I get a scart lead what does it look like, how big, where does it go, how much does it cost and also I've tried the normal scart lead that fits in the back of the tv, it just can't fit in a small hole about 3cm wide when the scart lead is atleast 5cm wide. Does the Psx scart lead have one large side and a small side that goes in the PSX.
Pleasee help!
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:40
Regular
Everybody with a chip psx say that once you've got it chiped you need a scart lead to play some games in colour.
Where does this scart go? because i've looked all over for a scart socket in my psx, there is only three sockets one for the power another for the aerial and the others about 2cm big. If I get a scart lead what does it look like, how big, where does it go, how much does it cost and also I've tried the normal scart lead that fits in the back of the tv, it just can't fit in a small hole about 3cm wide when the scart lead is atleast 5cm wide. Does the Psx scart lead have one large side and a small side that goes in the PSX.
Pleasee help!
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:52
Um, you dont know much about a PS do you?

The Scart goes in the same socket as the aerial, thats why you cant go and buy a standed Scart lead connector (ps there massive arnt they)
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:57
Regular
vai wrote:
> Um, you dont know much about a PS do you?

The Scart goes in the
> same socket as the aerial, thats why you cant go and buy a standed
> Scart lead connector (ps there massive arnt they)

But how much would one cost. Does it have a small end and a big end?
Mon 08/01/01 at 19:00
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Please say this is a joke...

Anyway, the scart lead has 2 ends. (still got u?) One end fits the hole in the back of the PSX where u put the areal cable in... one end fits the scart socket in the back of any fairly modern TVs. They cost about £10 and are so common u can pick them up anywhere. RGB scart gives the best quality pictures possible.

SonicRav
Mon 08/01/01 at 19:03
Regular
thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.