GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 15:20
Regular
I need your help.

Basically, At the grand old age of 15 I want a job for some extra pocket money but where to?

I had a wonder around Ealing Broadway Centre (my local town centre-thingy) and saw no vacancy signs in the windows. As I was busy I had to go home but how do normally go around getting a part-time job on Saturday afternoons? I was hoping I'd get a job in Dixons, Carphone Warehouse.. something similar.. kinda techy but not too much, I mean I have an ECDL (European Computer Driving Lisence) so basically I have an understanding of computers and how they work :-D.

But how can I use that to my advantage?

And how do I apply for a job? Is it normal just to walk in and ask for a job or what?

Pwease help,

Nidal
Tue 11/02/03 at 15:20
"slightlyshortertagl"
I need your help.

Basically, At the grand old age of 15 I want a job for some extra pocket money but where to?

I had a wonder around Ealing Broadway Centre (my local town centre-thingy) and saw no vacancy signs in the windows. As I was busy I had to go home but how do normally go around getting a part-time job on Saturday afternoons? I was hoping I'd get a job in Dixons, Carphone Warehouse.. something similar.. kinda techy but not too much, I mean I have an ECDL (European Computer Driving Lisence) so basically I have an understanding of computers and how they work :-D.

But how can I use that to my advantage?

And how do I apply for a job? Is it normal just to walk in and ask for a job or what?

Pwease help,

Nidal
Tue 11/02/03 at 15:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well you need to be 16 to get a part-time job that isn't a paper round

Took me a year to get one, mainly because I was lazy.

Look around windows to see if they're any jobs, or local paper etc

Or just go in and ask
Tue 11/02/03 at 15:26
Regular
"That's right!"
I just got myself a job now, and I'm 18. Though I did get one back before college started in September, but couldn't do the training (during college time) so had to leave before I ever started. Got myself a similar job, part time, after college hours, and only lasts till the end of March (when my life becomes my own again)

It's government work, easy as heck, no qualifications needed (some people I work with don't even have GCSEs) and the pay ain't too bad at all. You should look into it.
Tue 11/02/03 at 15:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Well you need to be 16 to get a part-time job that isn't a paper
> round

Damn.
Tue 11/02/03 at 15:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Nah, look for your local sweatshop that knocks out designer labels at bargain bucket prices. They'll take anyone on aged between 3-90. You'll get £1.50 an hour and at least 5 mins break in your 10 hour night shift.

100 week = £150! Minus deductions for air consumption and sweating, totaling £99, you will have a whole quid for your efforts.

Work for 50 weeks and then you can spend that £50 on a face mask to prevent you inhaling too many hazardous paticles from the asbestos coated NUKE trainers you are knocking out.

Or get a paper round for £10 a week.
Tue 11/02/03 at 15:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
eerrrmmm I don't want a paper round job. I want something to do on a Saturday afternoon.
Tue 11/02/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Most pubs and stuff will let you do waitering jobs, from around 3 quid an hour.
Tue 11/02/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Hmm...Dixons...I work at their head office...when are you 16?
Tue 11/02/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Dixons do c...c..c.. what's the word...

Compensation, no...

Dammit, what's the word where you get money for everything you sell...

*asks Dad*

Commission, that's the one!

You get commission for things you sell and if you take a knife with you and threaten the customers into buying things, you can easily make some nice cash...

Otherwise, B&Q offer £6 odd an hour for working there on the customer service desk...

I've got a nicely paid job for the summer, I earnt just under £550 in 3 weeks working for Essex police, enquire to your local police for some summer work, making tea and filing may be boring at times but if you get stuck in a good office where everyone is working on a major murder case, then you can find some interesting things...

You must be 16 again to work for these 3 but for the police you mustn't discuss what you see!

I've seen some pretty revealing things and if I blurt them out, I'll be put away for breaking the 'Official Secrets Act!'

So annoying at times...

I read the papers and think, "Noooooo, you're all wrong!"
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:29
"slightlyshortertagl"
Mr Lover Man wrote:
> Hmm...Dixons...I work at their head office...when are you 16?

November... quite a while... :-/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.