GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jobs help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 15:20
Regular
I need your help.

Basically, At the grand old age of 15 I want a job for some extra pocket money but where to?

I had a wonder around Ealing Broadway Centre (my local town centre-thingy) and saw no vacancy signs in the windows. As I was busy I had to go home but how do normally go around getting a part-time job on Saturday afternoons? I was hoping I'd get a job in Dixons, Carphone Warehouse.. something similar.. kinda techy but not too much, I mean I have an ECDL (European Computer Driving Lisence) so basically I have an understanding of computers and how they work :-D.

But how can I use that to my advantage?

And how do I apply for a job? Is it normal just to walk in and ask for a job or what?

Pwease help,

Nidal
Thu 13/02/03 at 11:19
"slightlyshortertagl"
mikelar wrote:
> I'll hire you Nidal. You can be my personal hitman.

or not?

:-P
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Selected"
I'll hire you Nidal. You can be my personal hitman.

The pay is absolute rubbish but you do get to meet people (before you choke them to death (on my command only)).
Wed 12/02/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh, funny you should ask Nidal. I'm also 15 (16 in July) so I'll be able to start after GCSEs (yay!). Er, just fill in an application from to somewhere like Dixons etc saying when you're 16, etc etc, and then hopefully they'll secure you a place in the future.

Or something. meh.

:D
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I'm 15 too and without a National insurance number that you get 2 months before your 16 birthday you can't get a job. However when you are 16 you just have to phone up all the businesses near you that you'd be interested to work for and just ask the guy on the phone "Hello I'd like to enquire about the possibility of employement?" and see what happens:D Normally they employ older people though so the aren't accused of child labour etc. Hope I've helped but now you can help me by telling me about this Computer license thing? sounds cool:D
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Your too young. :(
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:18
"Uzi Lover"
I wouldn't mind working for Dixons, I know about alot of stuff in there and for some reason I want a uniform to wear :-S

Plus it's in the middle of town, which can be helpful. So Mr Lover Man, if you can do anything then please do. Otherwise I may just go do it myself :-D

Sniper, if your like me you won't find yourself spending loads of your money. My mate earns a bit but he blows it all on DVD's. So if you get a job and you don't spend to much you should have a helathy stash of money pretty easily.

Hurray for working!
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Lover Man, get me a job at Dixons please in the Southend area.
>
> My Mum just had a go at me for not having a job :-D

Thats what my mom does....
I want a job cos im bored and i want a new comp for my b'day :D
Wed 12/02/03 at 18:11
"Uzi Lover"
Lover Man, get me a job at Dixons please in the Southend area.

My Mum just had a go at me for not having a job :-D
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:41
"Darkness, always"
Yes it does.

Love, maybe not, but happiness, yes.
Wed 12/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
Money is important indeed.... but money doesnt buy you happiness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.