GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please say this day is nearly over."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
This has been such a bad night. Read this.

First of all while on the computer we had a power cut but the lights were fine, it was just the electrical stuff that needed to be plugged into a socket to work. So we call an electrician. My mum and me swear we can hear water dripping, but we think nothing of it. While trying to find the problem my mum looks in the bathroom to find the radiator has sprung a leak and is squirting water everywhere. The whole bathroom is soaked. At this point my mum is going absolutely ape while I being 'Joe Cool' think rationally and grab plenty of towels, which later get so wet and dirty they go in the bin. We get the next-door neighbour to turn the water off at the mains as the tap was to stiff for my mum. Then we call a plumber to fix the crappy radiator. We rip the carpet up and it is so wet it is ruined and placed in the bin.

Luckily both the electrician and plumber are in the area so it doesn’t take long for them to arrive.

The plumber arrives and fixes the leak, we tidy the bathroom and dry it, and it now looks good apart from the gaping ugly space where a lovely soft carpet should be. I manage to cut my foot on a nail that the carpet had been held down by, I’m in serious pain, and I think the nail was rusty and infested with tiny foot biting insects. The swines.

We order a pizza and while I'm eating it the electrician arrives. After one hour he finds the socket that is damp and causing all the other sockets to bust. It took so long because he had to unscrew every single socket in the house to try and find the damp one, the trial an error system. While he was fixing it we had a nice chat, his favourite comedians are Chris Evans, Michael Barrymore and Jim Davidson. He has two children; he lives in Harlow, is a qualified mechanic and used to live in Slough. Oh and he has Broadband.

He fixes the problem after being round here for about two hours; his price was surprisingly cheap considering he had to come at such a late time and on such short notice. A very friendly chap.

So it's 10:08 pm and he has left, all problems solved.

Apart from the fact I have rash on my legs that itches, has been they’re since the morning and judging the day on how well it’s gone, I most likely have Meningitis.

Now I’m just waiting for my bed to break and a huge killer spider to jump out and swallow me hole. Although I do have a secret weapon, Sudocrem. So come get me you big, fat ugly spider.
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:10
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hm, sounded like a pretty bad day to be honest. I dont like bad days..
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
at least you two have water.
I don't.
Apart from that, it's a pretty good week/month/year so far, and is about to get better. If the water comes back on.
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:12
Regular
"One More Chance"
monkey_man wrote:
> I think that beats your "I r havink bad day" story hands
> down!

Damn you and your infernal house problem.

Sorry to read about that huge bill though, that sucks.
Mon 10/02/03 at 23:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hard luck you two

My day has been alright

Woke up at 11
Find out I have an exam I forgot
Play guitar till leave house
Sit exam, don't care too much.
Get wet walking home
Come home, nice and dry
Have dinner
Play Guitar
Watch TV

And now I have ice tea and crackers and my water/power/heating all work and I have some money, I might buy a CD tomorrow.

:P
Mon 10/02/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ha, I can beat that!

We haven't had any hot water OR heating for over a week now. The man came last Thursday, but due to unforseen circumstances we missed him and my Dad went ape. So they re-scheduled it for Friday. Friday comes and British Gas haven't got the part, so they re-schedule it for Saturday. Man arrives on Saturday, only to tell us that we've now got a gas leak! So boiler goes of completely and we get quoted £3500 for a new one! Now I'm a student and my parents have certain obligations towards funding my education, but out of the goodness of my pikey heart I waive the fees they owe me so that they can actually afford the damn thing!

So that leaves us STILL with no heating or hot water (they're coming Tuesday apparently), a £3500 bill and me personally over £700 out of pocket for my tuition fees.

I think that beats your "I r havink bad day" story hands down!
Mon 10/02/03 at 22:58
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
why didn't your mum just wash the towels or give them to a hobo instead of chucking them?
Mon 10/02/03 at 22:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
"this day is nearly over"
There.

No, seriously thought, unlucky mate.
Gah, all in one night....
Mon 10/02/03 at 22:34
Regular
"One More Chance"
This has been such a bad night. Read this.

First of all while on the computer we had a power cut but the lights were fine, it was just the electrical stuff that needed to be plugged into a socket to work. So we call an electrician. My mum and me swear we can hear water dripping, but we think nothing of it. While trying to find the problem my mum looks in the bathroom to find the radiator has sprung a leak and is squirting water everywhere. The whole bathroom is soaked. At this point my mum is going absolutely ape while I being 'Joe Cool' think rationally and grab plenty of towels, which later get so wet and dirty they go in the bin. We get the next-door neighbour to turn the water off at the mains as the tap was to stiff for my mum. Then we call a plumber to fix the crappy radiator. We rip the carpet up and it is so wet it is ruined and placed in the bin.

Luckily both the electrician and plumber are in the area so it doesn’t take long for them to arrive.

The plumber arrives and fixes the leak, we tidy the bathroom and dry it, and it now looks good apart from the gaping ugly space where a lovely soft carpet should be. I manage to cut my foot on a nail that the carpet had been held down by, I’m in serious pain, and I think the nail was rusty and infested with tiny foot biting insects. The swines.

We order a pizza and while I'm eating it the electrician arrives. After one hour he finds the socket that is damp and causing all the other sockets to bust. It took so long because he had to unscrew every single socket in the house to try and find the damp one, the trial an error system. While he was fixing it we had a nice chat, his favourite comedians are Chris Evans, Michael Barrymore and Jim Davidson. He has two children; he lives in Harlow, is a qualified mechanic and used to live in Slough. Oh and he has Broadband.

He fixes the problem after being round here for about two hours; his price was surprisingly cheap considering he had to come at such a late time and on such short notice. A very friendly chap.

So it's 10:08 pm and he has left, all problems solved.

Apart from the fact I have rash on my legs that itches, has been they’re since the morning and judging the day on how well it’s gone, I most likely have Meningitis.

Now I’m just waiting for my bed to break and a huge killer spider to jump out and swallow me hole. Although I do have a secret weapon, Sudocrem. So come get me you big, fat ugly spider.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.