GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look at those X - specs! - And Laugh at the Ps2."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/01/01 at 10:56
Regular
People are getting drawn in by sony, after what seems to be a lazy upgrade of their first system:

Judging by the response from people i work with & friends, sony have stuck a slightly faster graphics processor & processor in it. That coupled with a DVD player (Of which half the films don't work properly on). The machine can't anti - anitialise properly leaving the jagged looking PS1 style effects - true in some respects it's an improvement but look at specs of the X-Box (www.xbox.com) and realise the future potential backed by £500 million of advertising in the run up to the launch, and you end up with a top machine with a load of great games!!!!!!
Mon 08/01/01 at 10:56
People are getting drawn in by sony, after what seems to be a lazy upgrade of their first system:

Judging by the response from people i work with & friends, sony have stuck a slightly faster graphics processor & processor in it. That coupled with a DVD player (Of which half the films don't work properly on). The machine can't anti - anitialise properly leaving the jagged looking PS1 style effects - true in some respects it's an improvement but look at specs of the X-Box (www.xbox.com) and realise the future potential backed by £500 million of advertising in the run up to the launch, and you end up with a top machine with a load of great games!!!!!!
Mon 08/01/01 at 12:27
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe lololololololololololollolol

hmmmm It's not the specs that sell the console!
it's the games!
Ok, so the PS2 isn't as powerful, but it does have some amazing titles such as SSX, timesplitters, GT3, MGs2 etc etc.

If the Xbox gets better titles to match its awesome specs then they will be onto a winner!
Mon 08/01/01 at 23:01
I'm getting deja-vu. I beleive it was five years ago that all I was hearing was "ha ha ha look at N64's specs and laugh at psx1". didn't quite work that way did it. X-box may have the better specs but that doesn't count for much. I would agree to some extent taht it is the games which will sell BUT that is too narrow. Advertising and market potential have to considered and I'm afraid that sony takes the honours there. They have the fans, the media, the mass of thrid party developers and the reputation. What is interesting is that out of all Sony's challngers only Microsoft have the ability to do something which Sega and Nintendo can't. Advetise like hell. Whilst Sega nd Nintendo lack the funds for any mass advertising regime Microsoft certainly don't. it really depends on how the card is played. Personally I can't see abybodt touching Sony. dnt get me wrond I'm not a psx2 fan by any means. In fact my loyalty lies with Sega but sometimes you have to accept your playing for second place and we all are! The specs are impressive but that means very little in the bog market that exists today!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.