GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Getaway!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/01 at 21:21
Regular
There has surprisingly been a lack of comments on The Getaway. This has the potential to be one of the PS2 most incredible of all its groundbreaking titles, but do you think it will live up to expectations??
There hasnt been much info released about it as yet but judging by the screenshots it is looking very impressive indeed. Do you think though it might be too much of an over ambitious project?? There has been reports suggesting that the backdrops may be pre-rendered which may be a disappointment aswell as the lack of licenses for the vehicles.
From what I have read abut it so far it sounds like a next generation version of Driver/Grand Theft Auto. There have been quite a few promises made aswell such as 70 kilometers of London recreated, fully heaving streets full of pedestrians getting on with day to day life, fully animated facial expressions for characters, the ability to walk around town get in any vehicle and even enter some shops and realistic vehicle physics. There may be more info leaked at E3 - It all sounds great but whether this will match expectations remains to be seen, but heres hoping so anyway!! What are your views???
Sun 07/01/01 at 21:37
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Yes, I to think that the game is great. Graphics look excellent and I am really looking forward to the game being released. The story goes along the line of...you play roy and your son/daughter gets kidnapped from a gangster boss and you go on a mission to find him and rescue your son/daughter (i think thats the story anyway)

So, the game looks good but i have a feeling that it MAY be beaten by Grand Theft Auto3
Sun 07/01/01 at 21:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
There has surprisingly been a lack of comments on The Getaway. This has the potential to be one of the PS2 most incredible of all its groundbreaking titles, but do you think it will live up to expectations??
There hasnt been much info released about it as yet but judging by the screenshots it is looking very impressive indeed. Do you think though it might be too much of an over ambitious project?? There has been reports suggesting that the backdrops may be pre-rendered which may be a disappointment aswell as the lack of licenses for the vehicles.
From what I have read abut it so far it sounds like a next generation version of Driver/Grand Theft Auto. There have been quite a few promises made aswell such as 70 kilometers of London recreated, fully heaving streets full of pedestrians getting on with day to day life, fully animated facial expressions for characters, the ability to walk around town get in any vehicle and even enter some shops and realistic vehicle physics. There may be more info leaked at E3 - It all sounds great but whether this will match expectations remains to be seen, but heres hoping so anyway!! What are your views???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.