GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cudicini for England??!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
Apparently, Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri is backing goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini to apply for citizenship in England, so he can play for our national side, instead of waiting impatiently for his chance that will never come with Italy, while Francesco Toldo and Gianluigi Buffon stand in his way.

I read this on Ceefax just now, but surely this is just Ranieri struggling with the English language, as he tries to tell us something completely different!

He never seems to make any sense, so how can having an Italian playing for England really be any different??!
I thought that having a foreign manager in-charge was bad enough, but this is just the kind of thing that could get me going on-and-on for ages!!

But even if he did apply for it now, he apparently wouldn't be able to play for England untill 2004 (providing he doesn't play for Italy at national level within that time at-all).

Chelsea fans may love this idea, and so may many other anti-Seaman football fans, who love Sven-Goran Eriksson.
But to me, it's just plain wrong!
And why would we need him with Kirkland and Robinson on the way?!
Wed 12/02/03 at 02:01
Regular
"Sexy Mexican Worker"
Yeah Cudicini for England along with Di Canio as the same rule applies to him.

On the other hand NO THEY ARE ITALIANS.
Sun 09/02/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> England aren't really in a position to turn down a world class goalie
> like Cudicini

It's quite simple, he's not English so he should never play for England. I'd be surprised if he did say he wanted to play for England as I would've thought he'd prefer to fight for a place in the Italian side.
Sun 09/02/03 at 03:05
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
England aren't really in a position to turn down a world class goalie like Cudicini since the only cover for the ever ageing Seamen are average and or mediocre players. Robinson and Kirkland are still too young and need to develop further if they are to become Englands number 1.
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:36
"Darkness, always"
David James has let in more than two goals per game this season...
Sat 08/02/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I think the Russell Hoult (WBA) should be given a call-up, as he has not done a mistake all season, or the season before. He has got to be one of the most underrated players in the Premiership.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:58
Regular
"Black pepper?"
I agree Primal on not having him in the team, if he's not 100% English I don't want him in the team. But David James really is poor.
Sat 08/02/03 at 00:43
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
As a 100% English man, I don't want him in the team. We don't need him.

Give James a chance, he was the top goalie in the Premiership last season according to the OPTA index. The poor bloke has to sit behind a defence that would leak goals in Sunday league football.....
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think i'm right in saying that if a player plays/lives here for long enough he can apply for english citizenship and then be eligible for selection in the English squad if he hasn't played any games for his home country. I remember someone telling me something along those lines on a championship manager board so don't know whether it's true or not.
However if it is and Cudicini can play for England then Sven should grab that No 1 jersey and give it Cudicini because in my opinion he is one of the best keepers out there at the moment
Fri 07/02/03 at 23:24
Regular
He was called up to the Italy squad for the Turkey game although I dont think he played.

I'm sure he'll get some sort of cap for Italy before Euro 2004.
Fri 07/02/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Apparently, Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri is backing goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini to apply for citizenship in England, so he can play for our national side, instead of waiting impatiently for his chance that will never come with Italy, while Francesco Toldo and Gianluigi Buffon stand in his way.

I read this on Ceefax just now, but surely this is just Ranieri struggling with the English language, as he tries to tell us something completely different!

He never seems to make any sense, so how can having an Italian playing for England really be any different??!
I thought that having a foreign manager in-charge was bad enough, but this is just the kind of thing that could get me going on-and-on for ages!!

But even if he did apply for it now, he apparently wouldn't be able to play for England untill 2004 (providing he doesn't play for Italy at national level within that time at-all).

Chelsea fans may love this idea, and so may many other anti-Seaman football fans, who love Sven-Goran Eriksson.
But to me, it's just plain wrong!
And why would we need him with Kirkland and Robinson on the way?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.