GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It AIN'T a sport I tell ya"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/02/03 at 11:43
Regular
I've always been a keen partaker in sport of all sorts but mainly Football, Basketball, Tennis and Athletics....the REAL sports. But what gets right under my manly breasts is people who call some of their lame hobbies - sports, and quite simply they're not.

Obviously you're going to need some proof and some examples to back this accusation up, which I will be more than happy to give you!

Cricket - This in no way can be considered a sport, it's a bunch of middle aged, slightly over weight, balding men tossing a ball to each other and trying to hit it with a plank of wood. They barely run, and barely ever hit the ball, therefore there is hardly no physical exertion what so ever. And why do both teams and the Umpire dress in white, do they not know that it'll get dirty from the mud....oh sorry I forgot there's no chance of them getting dirty because they stand around for hours doing less work than the Labour government.

Darts - This should never ever be classed as a sport. Big fat sweaty beer bellied over 40's play this, and this being classed as a sport is a joke. The people that play darts aren't sports men/women....they're fat layabouts with nothing better to do with their time than throw pieces of metal at a circular piece of cork! Again where's the physical exertion, where's the peak physical condition you need to be in. Darts is just the most depressing thing since finding out Santa doesn't exist!

Snooker - Why is this a sport? Have you seen the freaks that play it....Dennis Taylor, Terry Griffiths, Steve Davis to name but a few. Admittedly they have great accuracy to get the balls into the pockets, but so what....if you were a professional snooker player would you feel comfortable with calling yourself a sports man/woman? If you would then (in a Mr T voice) "I pity the fool".

Horse Racing - Yeah it's a sport, but it's a horse sport. Humans have little to do with the speed the horse can run, apart from the whipping that goes on, but you hardly have to be a sports person to be able to whip an horse! No, you just need to weigh the same as a crisp and to have not begun puberty just yet...then your quids in! I'm sure that Price Charles doesn't call himself a sports man!!...you know for riding cam...oh forget it.

Quite frankly none of the above can be classed as a sport, I want to see people running about pushing themselves harder and harder in an effort to be the best in the world at something that shows that you've had to commit not only your mind but your body to as well, and drinking 8 pints a day to become a Darts player just ain't it. Well I think I've made my point, I'm off to defend the Tiddly Winks World title......"HEY, that could have had my eye out"
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:43
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I've always been a keen partaker in sport of all sorts but mainly Football, Basketball, Tennis and Athletics....the REAL sports. But what gets right under my manly breasts is people who call some of their lame hobbies - sports, and quite simply they're not.

Obviously you're going to need some proof and some examples to back this accusation up, which I will be more than happy to give you!

Cricket - This in no way can be considered a sport, it's a bunch of middle aged, slightly over weight, balding men tossing a ball to each other and trying to hit it with a plank of wood. They barely run, and barely ever hit the ball, therefore there is hardly no physical exertion what so ever. And why do both teams and the Umpire dress in white, do they not know that it'll get dirty from the mud....oh sorry I forgot there's no chance of them getting dirty because they stand around for hours doing less work than the Labour government.

Darts - This should never ever be classed as a sport. Big fat sweaty beer bellied over 40's play this, and this being classed as a sport is a joke. The people that play darts aren't sports men/women....they're fat layabouts with nothing better to do with their time than throw pieces of metal at a circular piece of cork! Again where's the physical exertion, where's the peak physical condition you need to be in. Darts is just the most depressing thing since finding out Santa doesn't exist!

Snooker - Why is this a sport? Have you seen the freaks that play it....Dennis Taylor, Terry Griffiths, Steve Davis to name but a few. Admittedly they have great accuracy to get the balls into the pockets, but so what....if you were a professional snooker player would you feel comfortable with calling yourself a sports man/woman? If you would then (in a Mr T voice) "I pity the fool".

Horse Racing - Yeah it's a sport, but it's a horse sport. Humans have little to do with the speed the horse can run, apart from the whipping that goes on, but you hardly have to be a sports person to be able to whip an horse! No, you just need to weigh the same as a crisp and to have not begun puberty just yet...then your quids in! I'm sure that Price Charles doesn't call himself a sports man!!...you know for riding cam...oh forget it.

Quite frankly none of the above can be classed as a sport, I want to see people running about pushing themselves harder and harder in an effort to be the best in the world at something that shows that you've had to commit not only your mind but your body to as well, and drinking 8 pints a day to become a Darts player just ain't it. Well I think I've made my point, I'm off to defend the Tiddly Winks World title......"HEY, that could have had my eye out"
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:45
"Darkness, always"
I agree wholeheartedly!
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I agree with parts of what you have said, but other parts such as cricket. Ok it may not be all that interesting sport to watch(in my opinion) but it does take a fair ammount of fittness, try bowling 60 overs which is about 360 balls each ball involving a 50m sprint before you bowl. It doesnt look like a hugely active sport but thats because not all the players are moving at once, but after 6 hours on the field I imagine they feel quite tierd.
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:54
"Darkness, always"
english_bloke wrote:
> not all the players are moving at once, but after 6 hours on the field
> I imagine they feel quite tierd.

I'd feel tired if I was left to stand around like a muppet for 6 hours.

Christ, I'd be asleep!
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
FISHING - Theres another....sitting on your todd for 10 hours in the stark *rude word for balls* cold waiting for a dumb animal to eat a maggot or some mouldy bread....yeah, real skill needed in that. Although you're comitted to this 'sport' by going in the rain etc you say....no you're just stupid!
Fri 07/02/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
english_bloke wrote:
> try bowling 60
> overs which is about 360 balls each ball involving a 50m sprint before
> you bowl.

Your right what was i thinking, footballers running around for 90mins and all that....my mistake!!!
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mr Lover Man wrote:
> Your right what was i thinking, footballers running around for 90mins
> and all that....my mistake!!!

Im not saying that Footballers are not sports men, but I imagine that a battsman runs further in a Cricket match then a goalkeeper does in a football game (unless the battsman is english). And yet I am sure you consider a goalkeeper a sportsman.
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
english_bloke wrote:

> And yet I am sure you consider a goalkeeper a sportsman.

David Seaman and David James excused obviously...oh and Barthez, and not forgetting Ian Walker...In fact your right goalkeepers are not sports men either. They are just the footballers that wanted to be strikers but because they hit puberty late, they were always put in goal.
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:14
"Darkness, always"
Goalkeeping is a very physical part of the game.

Goalkeepers have to be strong a well built, but at the same time, flexible, athletic and possess well honed reflexes...
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Hahaha, either that or they were the unpopular kids that were talked into going in goal just so the popular kids could punt balls at them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.