GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't close my wallet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/02/03 at 22:48
Regular
Can't shut it for the wad of cash currently inside. About £215. Yes, today I got my first payment for working at the Inland Revenue. Only got paid for the two days training and the first week, but still, that's £140. Gonna use it with the money I've saved just from not going out on a night for the last two weeks (being that my hours are 4:30 to 9:30, when I get in I'm too tired to go out since I've also been at college) and buy myself a new monitor and a new hard drive. And probably a shiny new case to fit it all in.

Work is easy. Today the core crashed, so we couldn't do any work for the rest of the day. So I got paid £5.60 an hour to sit and mess around on the computer (though they told me off for playing Minesweeper)

However, working at the IR has given me a new hatred for the Welsh. We cover Newcastle and surrounding areas, then some down south... then Wales. They seem to think they aren't members of the UK, and that they're not British citizens, which means we have to make a note whenever one of 'em has ticked UK national as "no". Idiots. And when I have to send a letter (because people haven't completed their forms) I have to type out daft Welsh town names and stuff. Also, most of the people I've phoned have been Welsh, and I can't understand a word they say. One bloke today was especially annoying.

This guy didn't believe I was from the Inland Revenue, despite being able to quote all his details to him, as I had them in front of me on the computer. I said I could send him a letter if he didn't want to give me his bank details over the phone (computer said they were wrong) but he asked me to tell him what the record showed. I did, and he said they were right, but wouldn't believe that the computers said they were wrong. I kept apologising, and every ten seconds he would say he didn't believe I was who I said I was, and he wanted to call me back (check the number) We can't receive incoming calls, and this angered him. I gave him a number to phone and my name (which I told him at least five times, he asked me every two minutes) so he could phone us to see if I was who said I was. He kept saying "How do I know you're the tax man? What's my name?" I would tell him his full name (first, middle and last) and he still didn't believe me. He was quite rude, but I kept my patience. Everyone around me was listening as I tried to convince him I worked for the New Tax Credits office in the Inland Revenue, and saw how I had to repeat myself constantly, as he kept trying to catch me out. Fool. It's us that are meant to ask HIM questions, to see if he is who he says he is (ask him his DOB and postcode, which we have on computer) He even said "Well, I've just given you my bank details over the phone, now you can get into my account!" ... Did I miss something? Unless I want to put money INTO his account (the whole point of my job is so the government CAN do that) then I can't do anything with his account number and sort code. Not like he gave me his PIN number or anything. Anyway, I had told him the sort code and account number that we had on file, and he told me they were right, which meant I already had them... which meant I couldn't possibly be phoning to con him out of his sort code and account number, which wouldn't get me anything anyway. The stupidity of some people makes me wonder where the human race is going. What we had is exactly what your employers have, but you don't accuse THEM of stealing your money!

Anyway, enough on the Welsh, I've bashed them enough (country sucks, went there a few years ago, they don't even have Channel 4 on terrestrial)

My social life is officially dead. At college from 9:30 to 4:00, then work from 4:30, then I get home at 10pm. At least I get Fridays off, but I'm too tired to do stuff by then. They asked if I wanted to work Fridays, and/or extend my contract for another month. Pfffft. I'll get over a grand for this contract, not worth working an extra month for just another £400. Everyone else in my team said yes, but most don't do anything during the day, so it's OK for them.

To sum up - My account and wallet are rather large, work sucks and the Welsh are fools (except... well, can't think of any exceptions, as Stryke loves himself)
Sun 09/02/03 at 12:52
Regular
"That's right!"
That's exactly my point. Being 18, living at home, not paying for rent/food etc means that £28 a day (5.60 an hour) is pretty damn good. Job only lasts another 8 weeks (didn't get my contract extended) but by the end, I'll have over a grand. A grand to spend solely on electrical junk like DVD players, digital camcorders, MP3 players. I already have a widescreen TV in my room, how many people can say that?
Fri 07/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> If you're working as a sound man, you can make a hundred a day.
> Working as a lowly E1 for the government, you get just over £25
> a day. Live with it.

I've never worked....£25 a day seems a good deal to me. Then again, I have to pay for nothing but luxuries, living with parents and all.
Fri 07/02/03 at 18:22
Regular
Wales rules. We dispense with paltry channels such as Channel 4 and pave the way for terrestial quality with the might of S4C!

Muaha.
Fri 07/02/03 at 18:17
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Jive wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> £140 is little more than a days work.
>
> Heh....I can make that with 4 hours work.

yeah, but being a rent-boy isn't to everyone's tastes ;-p
Fri 07/02/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> £140 is little more than a days work.

Heh....I can make that with 4 hours work.
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:40
"Darkness, always"
*strokes British Gas*
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:37
Regular
"That's right!"
If you're working as a sound man, you can make a hundred a day. Working as a lowly E1 for the government, you get just over £25 a day. Live with it.
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:34
"Darkness, always"
£140 is little more than a days work.
Fri 07/02/03 at 12:34
Regular
"That's right!"
6 days, actually (since we don't work Fridays)
Fri 07/02/03 at 09:44
"Darkness, always"
£140 for two days and one week? They saw you coming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.