GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yay for teh Bonus!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 07:00
Regular
I took his recommendation of using Atrac3Plus, since he was plugging it all over the Sony forums :D

I initially thought it sounded too good to be true, but a (super-quick) rip of 3 CDs and I was on my way to sampling 64kbpsbpnsp goodness.

Now, the thought of 64kbsbpbspk sounded iffy, I mean an MP3 at that rate isn't very good. At all. But I was mightily shocked to discover these new tracks sounded exactly like their 160kbkbpkspbkbs MP3 counterparts!

Fantastic!

So I goes and deletes half of the MP3s on my DUO and slap these 3 FULL ALBUMS on there, alongside with about 30 remaining MP3s.

Add to that the existing rip of Anchorman and a bunch of saves and pics, I STILL have over 280Mb remaining!

I seriously suggest you take Bonus' advice and try this method out. SonicStage can convert your existing MP3s too - it also keeps the originals if you happen to need them to stick around (for other non Atrac3Plus needs?) so you ain't losing anything. All your MP3-ripping time spent, will not be wasted.

Now go do it!
Fri 02/09/05 at 07:00
Regular
I took his recommendation of using Atrac3Plus, since he was plugging it all over the Sony forums :D

I initially thought it sounded too good to be true, but a (super-quick) rip of 3 CDs and I was on my way to sampling 64kbpsbpnsp goodness.

Now, the thought of 64kbsbpbspk sounded iffy, I mean an MP3 at that rate isn't very good. At all. But I was mightily shocked to discover these new tracks sounded exactly like their 160kbkbpkspbkbs MP3 counterparts!

Fantastic!

So I goes and deletes half of the MP3s on my DUO and slap these 3 FULL ALBUMS on there, alongside with about 30 remaining MP3s.

Add to that the existing rip of Anchorman and a bunch of saves and pics, I STILL have over 280Mb remaining!

I seriously suggest you take Bonus' advice and try this method out. SonicStage can convert your existing MP3s too - it also keeps the originals if you happen to need them to stick around (for other non Atrac3Plus needs?) so you ain't losing anything. All your MP3-ripping time spent, will not be wasted.

Now go do it!
Fri 02/09/05 at 07:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
What you chattin' 'bout? Atrac3Plus to MP3 is like cassette to CD.

Don't listen to Bonus. Don't listen to Bullett. Listen to the facts...
Fri 02/09/05 at 07:10
Regular
The facts being?

All I can tell you is that a 64kbkpsbkp Atrac3Plus sounds exactly like a 160kbpsbpk MP3.

Add in the fact they take up a fraction of the space.

And, PSP-wise, they are sorted into groups properly, not just all thrown in the same folder.

I know which format I'll be using from now on.
Fri 02/09/05 at 07:10
Regular
"8==="
The last Atrac I came across I tied up with the tow line from my X-wing.
Fri 02/09/05 at 07:14
Regular
Hedfiiix, that was poor :P
Fri 02/09/05 at 07:21
Regular
"8==="
Ah well, I've been up all night browsing rubbish on the net and playing Summit Strike.
Fri 02/09/05 at 10:06
"High polygon count"
I can whole-heartedly agree.

Atrac3plus is indeed a wonderful thing.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:11
Regular
Bonus <- genius!
Mon 05/09/05 at 19:01
Regular
The format is indeed wonderful, discovered that when I bought my NW3. Trouble is, all of my songs are on my computer as mp3/wma and due to the crapness of the comp I am not waiting for sonic stage to convert every file before it transfers it to my mp3. Currently refilling it and it's taking long enough as it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.