GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New OXM Demo disk....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 14:58
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
A good one this month.......

Conflict Global Storm
Burnout Revenge
Heroes of the Pacific
Far Cry Instincts
Marvel Nemesis
Evil Dead Regeneration

Havent played them all yet, just Burnout Revenge which to me was not that much different to the last one. Marvel Nemesis which I thought was really good (not being a beat-em up fan), and then Far Cry.......wow they really squezed(?) every last drop out of the old box for this. I carnt wait for this come out now!
Mon 05/09/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
tnc wrote:
>
> In answer to your question; "squeezed"

Thanks, spelling is not really my thing.
Mon 05/09/05 at 19:05
Regular
Far Cry isn't really my thing as I've never really liked the Stealth around type games, admittedly it isn't as hardcore as the Sam Fisher series.

The traps were good and graphics nigh on superb but there were a few little niggles I had with the games. Why is the enemy AI so low? Why do the bushees look worse than those of Pulse Racer?

I enjoyed some of the innovative touches, like luring a guard over with a stone, for him to meet his organic death-by-whipping. The guns were pretty classy, with things like the machine gun effects being a little above the usual.

As per usual I haven't found the time to play the disc much and so haven't even viewed this months Playmore. I have watched some of the movies though and the intro to the war simulation (I forget the name) was mightily impressive.

In answer to your question; "squeezed"
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:29
Regular
"8==="
Heh.

Just remembered Burnout's new 'detonate after you've crashed' addition.

Imagine trying to catch up 1st place only to be blown up by 2nd place who's managed to crash and has then waited for you to drive up: Evil and quite possibly incredibly annoying.
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:25
Regular
The only time I've died is when I set up 2 traps and then proceeded to walk into one, which pinballed me into the other and killed me instantly.
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:19
Regular
"8==="
The only time I died was when I drove my Humvee/ATV into 2ft of water.

2FT of water!!!111
Mon 05/09/05 at 10:10
Regular
Yeah, I can't understand why Ubi set the AI on such a low level. They take about 4 health off you with every shot, it takes an absoloute age for them to kill you.
Mon 05/09/05 at 09:16
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I'd have been more stealthy if I was being forced to (ie if the enemy were actually a challenge) but I started running through half-way through because I realised the AI was set to uber-freaking easy.

It was much better when I stopped hiding and it all kicked off. :)
Mon 05/09/05 at 09:12
Regular
That's what I thought at first, but the more I played it the more I began to appreciate all the little touches and things. While not completly non linear, there's certainly a lot more paths available to you than say in a game like Halo or Rainbow Six 3.

I was quite shocked at the amount of different ways of taking on the main camp when you're told to steal a hummer. At first I thought there was only a frontal assault through the gates, then I realised there's a whole network of pathways that lead around to the back of the base. Oh and the way you can get a boat early on and take most of the enemies out with the machine gun is very cool too.

Definetly more variety than most shooty games. I personally prefer trying to take everyone down with knife and trap kills. I managed to get up to the main base without firing a single shot last night, took a fricking age though.
Mon 05/09/05 at 08:56
Regular
"8==="
The Far Cry demo was ok, some nice innovation but it led you down a linear path regardless: I was hoping to get more of a feel for the 'go anywhere' play of the main game.

Being restricted to pistol, tree and stealth kills for half the demo was a little dull. I ended up running through one of the larger camps because I was bored so it picked up because I was blasting the guard infront of me after narrowly dodging a speedboat and then the next hut I came to had the assault rifle so I was in a much happier place!

Kept thinking I had to double-back because of the radar too. :S

Looking forward to the extra powers for the Predator approach!

Conflict seems fun again, I think the live mode should be really good fun but a lot of the other stuff seems to have been done before. I've only done it on easy so far though so I'm judging it too early really. I expect the dodging enemies will be more of a pain on the higher difficulties.

I thought they might've mucked up Burnout but it seems to be pretty good, hopefully there are custom soundtracks (despite one review clearly stating otherwise nooooo!) and obviously they have to have a decent scoreboard system odderwouise Oi ain't bovverin' gavnahhhh!

Haven't bothered with the others yet.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:54
Regular
Far Cry is the funking nuts!

I've got a feeling the demo's on the easiest difficulty though, as the enemies do very little damage when they shoot you. It's still too cool for school though.

Best moments so far have been pushing a log down a hill and killing 3 guys with it, and then there's the ultra cool going under huts, rolling onto your back and shooting people through the floorboards.

Definetly gonna pre-order this in the next few days. Along with Serious Sam 2 which is confirmed as being playable in co-op online.

Need to try out Conflict : Global Terror, as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.