GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second Chances"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/06 at 08:09
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Do they ever work?

Has anyone broken up with someone for a while and gotten back together for the happy ending? Do people ever change?
Wed 04/10/06 at 08:09
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Do they ever work?

Has anyone broken up with someone for a while and gotten back together for the happy ending? Do people ever change?
Wed 04/10/06 at 08:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I've never broken up with someone and gotten back together later on but really Louise has only been my serious girlfriend so I'm probably not best qualified to comment.

I think I would give someone another chance but only one more and if that second chance was wasted then that would be it for good.

As for wheter someone can change I think they can but only if they want to and have the desire to do it and if they do that for you I think it shows they really care for you as being able to change and stay changed is a very hard thing to do.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:49
Regular
Nope, oh sure I've broken up many times but that's usually because of a stupid fight and one of us breaks the relationship up and then we get back together soon after. But getting back together after breaking up for awhile, hmm no and I don't think that would happen to me. Sounds cute in a romance film though if they rekindle their love.
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Only going by what I've ben through with my dad and second chances never really seem to work out. Nor do third chances, fourth chances or even fifth chances.

By the time you get to the 50th chance you know he's gonna let you down so you don't feel to hard up about it.

I'd probably give a girl a second chance - but she'll be out on her ear on strike three!
Wed 04/10/06 at 16:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
Just as a question, are you having some relationship issues at the moment @ngel?
Wed 04/10/06 at 16:14
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Chaos wrote:
> Just as a question, are you having some relationship issues at
> the moment @ngel?

I was at the time i was posting these on my forum. Not anymore though no :P
Wed 04/10/06 at 17:39
Regular
"Mooching around"
Aww good for you!
Thu 05/10/06 at 14:12
Regular
"..."
I borke up with my first girlfriend after we'd been seeing each other for about 3 months. The split was largely caused by us being at very different stages of our lives, I was just starting uni and was gearing up for the student life, she was just finishing uni and looking for her first post-uni job, first house/flat etc and we both accepted it was for the best, although it was her idea...

Then about a month later when she heard that another girl was after me, she got insanely jealous and begged me to take her back, I did. We were together another three months only to discover that we still had the same problems that we had when we first broke up. Again, she ended it.

It was at that point I told myself I would never get back together with someone after breaking up with them and to this day, I haven't.
Thu 05/10/06 at 14:56
Regular
Can people change?

We're always changing.

But to change those fundamental, deep-rooted parts of our character usually takes a hell of a lot of work.

Don't expect someone to change into what you want them to be.

I went back once, briefly. It was lame.
Thu 05/10/06 at 16:05
Regular
I agree in that people have that fundamental, deep-seeded self that's embedded and is in fact, their genuine character, which remains while behaviors and mindsets or perspectives evolve. It's my opinion that people don't change, they evolve.

Normally, the average person doesn't respond well with negativity, so the best thing to do when you want some change for the better is to accentuate the positive to steer or motivate people. You most certainly can't change anyone, but you can be an influencing example. Change your methods. I think it tends to have more of a lasting impression.

As far as taking someone back, I always believed that unless we effectively communicated to fix what broke us up the first round, there really wasn't any moving forward. It is hard work dropping defenses, acknowledging the facts, taking responsibility and then implementing initiative to rectifying matters. When infidelity comes into the picture, this process becomes substantially more of a challenge with a compounding of secondary issues.

Sometimes it's best to just realize the commitment factor before subjecting yourself to a reconciliation. Reminds me of that old saying "the road to hell was paved with good intentions.."

I've been saying that a lot recently.. :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.