GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the best DVD`s?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 21:27
Regular
I`m new to the DVD world and would like to know what are the current best DVD`s to add to my collection, having alot of films on VHS, i have `that` question of "Is it worth getting the DVD version?"
With many of the DVD`s not having alot of extras, such as the Star Trek ones.....which are dissapointing, but there is the better picture and sound quality, so any suggestions of "Must have" DVD`s would be handy

My to buy list so far is:

The Matrix
Terminator2 (when it comes out)
And
The Fifth Element
Sun 07/01/01 at 16:59
Regular
Thanks for all your suggestions, i`ll be having a order binge with Special reserve soon, and i WILL be getting the Star Trek DVD`s, i`m a trekker and having the confirmation from The New Jimmy about the effects etc. i will be purchasing them:)
Can`t wait to see First Contact on DVD!
Anyway thanks to everyone who replied:)
Sun 07/01/01 at 01:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
The best advertisment for DVD's is with titles such as:

Gladiator
Fight Club
Jaws

I own these titles and all of them have an incredible ammount of info, behind the scenes, interviews, etc.. These are examples of what DVD was made for!!
Sun 07/01/01 at 00:50
The Star Trek DVDs are worth getting because the graphics are just so muck crisper, VHS never did the Special Effects Justice.
Sun 07/01/01 at 00:49
CAnt wait until all the
Indiana Jones films come out on DVD either
Sun 07/01/01 at 00:48
Heres a few good DVDs that you could get for Special Reserve:

Enemy of the State
American Beauty
Erin Brockovich
Girl Interupted
Good Will hunting
Lock Stock and 2 smoking Barrels
Saving Private Ryan
The Thin Red Line
American Pie
Austin Powers 2
Groundhog Day
Theres Something About Mary
Toy Story 2
Aliens (All of them)
Final Destination
Sixth Sense
Blade Runner
Star Trek-first contact
The Matrix
Blackadder
Ace Ventura
Lost Boys
Goodfellas
Fallen (great film, £12.99 tooo)
Contact

Sat 06/01/01 at 21:27
Regular
I`m new to the DVD world and would like to know what are the current best DVD`s to add to my collection, having alot of films on VHS, i have `that` question of "Is it worth getting the DVD version?"
With many of the DVD`s not having alot of extras, such as the Star Trek ones.....which are dissapointing, but there is the better picture and sound quality, so any suggestions of "Must have" DVD`s would be handy

My to buy list so far is:

The Matrix
Terminator2 (when it comes out)
And
The Fifth Element

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.