GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"future gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 21:14
Regular
The future of gaming is looking ever more promising by the second.
With Broadband technology coming out this year we should see some superb online games that run super fast. The prospects are huge we will see Perfect dark 2 online via gamecube.
Quake 3 via dreamcast
There is a possibilty that final fantasy 10 could be online which would make it phenomenal.
Where will the possibilitys end.
I think online RPG's will be the best online genre of game money can buy
Mon 10/11/08 at 19:02
Regular
Hi ,
My name is Alan and I own a two bedroomed apartment in Block 3.I have experienced exactly the same problems as the rest of you regarding the rental income etc and refuse point blank to pay any maintenance until all has been resolved,and feel we should all stick together on this point.
On a lighter note,I have visited my apartment quite a number of times over the last couple of years and made some good Bulgarian friends there.One who has helped me a lot from day one has been Nasko and his wife who own the supermarkets wine shop and ice cream parlour. Nasko has been to meetings with me to translate ,even taking me to see my so called solicitor ,who refused to discuss anything with him as they said it was none of his business!!
Anyway Nasko has decided to set up his own letting company to try and help us all make the most out of our investments and I would highly recomend him to anyone looking to rent out thier apartment.
As he says It is in his interest to make the complex as busy as he can!!
Nasko can be contacted at [email protected]
Well done Derek for setting up this forum.We did meet briefly last year and look forward to meeting next year so I can buy you a beer as a reward !!
Keep up the good work everyone ,am sure we will all do ok in the end.
Kind regards Alan
Mon 08/01/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
...and it's £33 per month. Time to find out exactly how much your parents love you, Sniper.
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:44
Regular
Oh yes. I've heard of that, i'll show it to my parents.
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:40
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
www.telewest.co.uk , their service is called BlueYonder
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:40
Regular
Yes, they are a huge cable carrier

Try http://www.telewest.co.uk/

oddly enough.
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:34
Regular
Telewest, aren't they part of the Cable coporation?
Do they have a site?
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I did find most games playable at 56k, but having been graced with broadband since last week I've enjoyyed it so much more. NTL's package is £25 a month, including rental of the cable modem, and even though it has destroyed my social life and messed up my eyes, I'd recommend it to anyone who can get it. Annoying when you play people through direct connections who have a slower connection though....ah well, c'est la vie..
Sun 07/01/01 at 09:46
Regular
That is true, but a few of the regulars here have experienced online gaming with Unreal Tournamnet on 56k modem and that is very playable. I wonder what a difference broadband would make to that.

At present in the Telewest region, we can order a line that hooks up directly to Telewest servers for £33 per month, a permanent online connection with no call charges, and the demo available from their site really is impressive with its downloading speed.

So, for heavy surfers in the internet, this will be a boon, but you have to be able to justify the expense. At present, with the quality of gaming available on 56k modems I personally cannot justify it.

I do wonder about the benefits against playing FFX online though (Final Fantasy 10). Surely, if the AI of npcs was just improved, then you could just as well play against the computer?
Sat 06/01/01 at 21:26
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
How many people inm this country will have broadband by the end of the year... not many :-(
Sat 06/01/01 at 21:14
Regular
The future of gaming is looking ever more promising by the second.
With Broadband technology coming out this year we should see some superb online games that run super fast. The prospects are huge we will see Perfect dark 2 online via gamecube.
Quake 3 via dreamcast
There is a possibilty that final fantasy 10 could be online which would make it phenomenal.
Where will the possibilitys end.
I think online RPG's will be the best online genre of game money can buy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.