GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Breaking Away From Frontpage..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
My mission was to break away from the crappy Frontpage website and actually makes something that looks good, something that I did myself...

Well I've finally got around to doing that, I've finally got around to teaching myself some useful things, gimme a few days and I'll be PHPing and all that!

:c)

I've got a basic knowledge of HTML and I'm just working through that webmonkey Javascript tutorial, it's annoying at first but I've just got this little script going and after looking at it, I can't believe how easy it actually is!

Not amazingly easy, I can see it getting much much harder but now I know all these basic things, if I keep working through it all I can see myself writing a few nice little (basic) scripts by the end of tonight...

I'm all chuffed with myself, I'm gonna make the best site ever!

Yay!

Anway, I'll be using this thread a bit if I keep trying to learn, knowing me I'll come across some major problems due to my spelling mistakes!

Must get back to my variables before I forget them or get distracted...
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:28
"Bothered!"
Nice on phil. I can't believe you didn't actually know how to do that already...you might even learn how to program using LISP and CSS. If you're lucky you might even be ab;e to include stuf from VB and ColdFusion. The funny part of this is, your site is wicked:

For all those who don't know:

http://www.phi11ip.com

And you didn't even use Java or much in the way of HTML. You must have used DHTML to do what you did or did Frontpage do that for you?
Wed 12/02/03 at 00:21
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Any site not made in notepad or similar is a work of the she-devil Mephistopheles*!!!

*possibly a name/supernatural being I made up
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:21
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
its better to break away from it but download namoweb maker from downloads.com thats good. thats better than front page
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:13
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Taka-Q wrote:
> I'll just stick with my copy of Dreamweaver MX thank you (codes PHP
> for you, you know)

Actually...

a) DWMX doesn't code it for you
b) What little PHP support DWMX has installed for authoring is bloated, over complex and badly optimized
c)You'll never learn anything unless you do it yourself.

DWMX is indeed one hell of an app to use, but you'll never beat doing it yourself in notepad!
Tue 11/02/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Digging!"
I'll just stick with my copy of Dreamweaver MX thank you (codes PHP for you, you know)
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Watch your backs, I've just learnt an 'if' statement...

And it works!

Go me!
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Frontpage actually supports Javascript.
Good to hear your moving on though, it's nice to know whats behind the websites...
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
OakeyDokey wrote:
> I dont know PHP personally but I do know it has a few security probs I
> just wish I had the time to learn it proper like.

Please learn it properly... there are no "real" security issue with PHP. Many people on here use it OK and I know many firms who prefer PHP to ASP (please, no "mine is better than yours" arguments please). PHP is definatley worth learning...
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:29
I dont know PHP personally but I do know it has a few security probs I just wish I had the time to learn it proper like. I may call on you for expertise if you do learn it proper like aye man.

woohoo
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My mission was to break away from the crappy Frontpage website and actually makes something that looks good, something that I did myself...

Well I've finally got around to doing that, I've finally got around to teaching myself some useful things, gimme a few days and I'll be PHPing and all that!

:c)

I've got a basic knowledge of HTML and I'm just working through that webmonkey Javascript tutorial, it's annoying at first but I've just got this little script going and after looking at it, I can't believe how easy it actually is!

Not amazingly easy, I can see it getting much much harder but now I know all these basic things, if I keep working through it all I can see myself writing a few nice little (basic) scripts by the end of tonight...

I'm all chuffed with myself, I'm gonna make the best site ever!

Yay!

Anway, I'll be using this thread a bit if I keep trying to learn, knowing me I'll come across some major problems due to my spelling mistakes!

Must get back to my variables before I forget them or get distracted...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.