GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If i????"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/02/03 at 18:22
Regular
if trade in my gamecube wot tv would i need for an xbox.

would i need a tv with scart cable with 60hz or 50hz.

plz help me!!! Cubemad
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Sfone wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR do you recommend me gettimg n
> advanced SCART? i have a 28" Tv in my room and, it sits about a
> meter or so away from where i sit. And do you know where i could get
> one cheap?

Of course you should get an advanced cable at a screen that size. I could definately notice the difference on both my 28" widescreen and my 21" TVs.

A cheap alternative (and basically just as good) is the Joytech advanced lead. This also includes the optical out and S Video options should you ever wish to use them in the future (and believe me, if you haven't already, you should buy a dolby digital kit).

SR don't sell the Joytech advanced lead, but it can be bought for £12.99 from gameplay:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/ (SPACE) productpage.asp?ProductCode=XB0198

The only problem with this cable is that some people have reported problems with widescreen switching. If, like me, you have a widescreen TV but have it set to always be widescreen (and stretch 4:3 pictures) this will not be a problem. However, if you have the TV set to leave borders on the left and right sides when the image is 4:3, the cable will not send the signal to the TV to get rid of these borders when the game/dvd is widescreen.

However, this is a minor issue, and not really worth paying the extra £8 for the Official Advanced cable that has less features.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Sfone wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR do you recommend me gettimg n
> advanced SCART? i have a 28" Tv in my room and, it sits about a
> meter or so away from where i sit. And do you know where i could get
> one cheap?

Of course you should get an advanced cable at a screen that size. I could definately notice the difference on both my 28" widescreen and my 21" TVs.

A cheap alternative (and basically just as good) is the Joytech advanced lead. This also includes the optical out and S Video options should you ever wish to use them in the future (and believe me, if you haven't already, you should buy a dolby digital kit).

SR don't sell the Joytech advanced lead, but it can be bought for £12.99 from gameplay:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/ (SPACE) productpage.asp?ProductCode=XB0198

The only problem with this cable is that some people have reported problems with widescreen switching. If, like me, you have a widescreen TV but have it set to always be widescreen (and stretch 4:3 pictures) this will not be a problem. However, if you have the TV set to leave borders on the left and right sides when the image is 4:3, the cable will not send the signal to the TV to get rid of these borders when the game/dvd is widescreen.

However, this is a minor issue, and not really worth paying the extra £8 for the Official Advanced cable that has less features.
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:37
Regular
"QPR 1974"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR do you recommend me gettimg n advanced SCART? i have a 28" Tv in my room and, it sits about a meter or so away from where i sit. And do you know where i could get one cheap?
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:34
Regular
CuBeMaD wrote:
> if trade in my gamecube wot tv would i need for an xbox.

You'd need one that would beat you over the head yelling "Idiot! You traded in your Cube!".
Tue 04/02/03 at 20:33
Regular
50Hz/60Hz it does'nt matter, But if you've got an old TV without a SCART socket you'll need to buy an RF lead (I have the same)
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"BOSE"
i think any TV with a scart plug at the back will be suitable for an Xbox.

why you thinking about getting an Xbox anyway? because they're superiour? :-)

might wanna change your name if you do ;-)
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:30
Regular
All TV's with scart sockets run at 50HZ as standard as far as I am aware?! A lot of Xbox games don't run as well in 60HZ mode but I would advise you to get one with it so you can change. Definitley pick up an advanced scart cable if your TV is 21" + because you will notice a big difference. Anymore help just ask :)
Tue 04/02/03 at 19:25
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I dont think it really matters that much. I have a cr@p tv and it works fine.
Tue 04/02/03 at 18:22
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
if trade in my gamecube wot tv would i need for an xbox.

would i need a tv with scart cable with 60hz or 50hz.

plz help me!!! Cubemad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.