GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OK you clever, clever people"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/02/03 at 16:56
Regular
I'm doing an Open University course this year in an attempt to formalise my vast (for which read 'miniscule') amount of programming knowledge. The trouble is they break you into this course really, really gently. One of my assignment questions is describing 'email' in one sentence. To me this seems a bit like asking someone to describe the colour blue.

I can describe email in three sentences, like this:

It's. Electronic. Mail.

But a one sentence definition is somehow beyond my capabilities. Help :P
Tue 04/02/03 at 11:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
unknown kernel wrote:
> The plan at the moment is to go for a BSc in Maths and Computer
> Science, but my maths is a bit rusty so I'll probably have to do a
> refresher course before I move on to the interesting stuff.

MU120 is a great refresher, takes you into O Level territory and beyond, but about 25% of it concentrates on 'Distance Learning Skills' which could get a bit boring for you considering you're already doing two level 2 units.

MST121 is pretty good, but you'd need to cover MU120 first to really get to grips with some of the content, because it follows on from the first unit in a lot of places. If you've studied A Level Mathematics already then MST121 shouldn't be a problem.
Tue 04/02/03 at 11:07
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I've got a 3 hour exam on OO Patterns and Components in just under 3 hours, I need a Number Johnny 5 brain transplant where I can read books at lightspeed.
Mon 03/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
"relocated"
I'm doing two courses:

T223 Microprocessor Based Computers, which uses C and assembly language (I think) to explain processors at a low level.

M206 Computing: an Object-Oriented Approach, which is based on the (not very useful in real life) Smalltalk language. It is, however, totally OO, so it should be useful on a theoretical level.

The plan at the moment is to go for a BSc in Maths and Computer Science, but my maths is a bit rusty so I'll probably have to do a refresher course before I move on to the interesting stuff.
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What's the course code for the one you're doing? (I did my BSc Maths with OU).
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:23
Regular
"relocated"
Cheers people.

This 'question' was really doing my head in. Everything I came up with up was a poncy way of saying 'it's electronic mail'. My mum would probably come up with a better answer than me on this one. It's worth a whole one mark anyway; just a nice way of easing the less experienced people into the course I guess.

I think even ftozzi would manage full marks in this first assessment.
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:01
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Its harder to describe the colour blue

Someone try describe it without using the word close to green
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:52
Regular
"Acid Casual"
2 steps ahead of c-mail.
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:33
Regular
If you're struggling to fit everything into one sentence, I've seen some newbies around who could help...
;^)

E-mail in one sentence:

High speed electronic transfer of data directed between personal accounts, usually for text-based messaging.

Hmm, it's harder than it sounds...
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:01

Short for electronic mail, the transmission of messages over electronic communications networks.
Mon 03/02/03 at 16:56
Regular
"relocated"
I'm doing an Open University course this year in an attempt to formalise my vast (for which read 'miniscule') amount of programming knowledge. The trouble is they break you into this course really, really gently. One of my assignment questions is describing 'email' in one sentence. To me this seems a bit like asking someone to describe the colour blue.

I can describe email in three sentences, like this:

It's. Electronic. Mail.

But a one sentence definition is somehow beyond my capabilities. Help :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.