GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rapiz or x-oom"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 12:26
Regular
"And some more !"
i want to be able to convert my dvds to my psp memory card, bearing in mind that i have 2 of the 128mb cards, so i cant have one big film because i have two separate memory cards. Also i have heard that you cannot copy protected dvds, which is basically all of them.

i have heard that rapiz gives you a lot of options and is very easy to use, but it takes time to do the stuff.

And x-oom can make the films fit into different cards whatever the size.

what i need to know is what i should get to convert my dvds and put them onto my psp.

thanks
Tue 06/09/05 at 06:50
Regular
You can opt to cut out everything except the actual program. My Anchorman is just the movie itself, no menus, subtitles or alternative language tracks.

That will save you a lot of space.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:47
Regular
"And some more !"
thanks

i mainly wanna buy the scrubs season 1 boxset and then put my favourite episodes onto my psp

thats gd though

thanks
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:11
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Oh, and the time in which it takes to convert a DVD is all down to
> your computer set-up.

It really depends on the qulaity settings you use, even on an individual set-up.

Takes me over and hour to rip with DVD Shrink on an Athlon 3000+ becasue I've got it set to the maximum sharpnes settings.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:01
"High polygon count"
DVD Shrink (or DVD Decrypter) and PSPvideo9 are all you need to convert DVDs to your Memory Stick.

You will need a basic DVD-ROM drive to read/rip the DVDs, but not a burner.

However, I think you will struggle to get a movie onto 2 128Mb Memory Sticks. You really will need at least a 512Mb stick - preferably a 1Gb stick.

You can get a 1Gb stick for around £67 (including delivery) from emartbuy.com.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:11
Regular
You'll need DVDShrink to rip the DVD to the size yuo need, then use PSPVideo9 to transfer it. It's easy enough.

Both programs are very good and virus-free.

Oh, and the time in which it takes to convert a DVD is all down to your computer set-up.

You don't need a DVD-burner to rip a DVD either.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:59
Regular
"And some more !"
so will i have to download the dvd shrink to allow me to copy my dvds onto my psp?

also do you know if there are any virus' on these files?

thanks

i will probably download these things after i have the answers.

ps. for copying dvds do u need a dvd burner drive r just a normal dvd drive?
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:33
Regular
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=129575&forumid=135[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:32
Regular
Don't buy anything - you can get this stuff for free off the net (legal, too).

The stuff I use is pretty complicated compared to what's available these days. I think the popular method is with a program called PSPVideo or something. Have a browse of these forums. It's there somewhere.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:26
Regular
"And some more !"
i want to be able to convert my dvds to my psp memory card, bearing in mind that i have 2 of the 128mb cards, so i cant have one big film because i have two separate memory cards. Also i have heard that you cannot copy protected dvds, which is basically all of them.

i have heard that rapiz gives you a lot of options and is very easy to use, but it takes time to do the stuff.

And x-oom can make the films fit into different cards whatever the size.

what i need to know is what i should get to convert my dvds and put them onto my psp.

thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.