GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vocabulary"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/06 at 08:04
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
How impressed are you by someones vocabulary, if someone was to make exactly the same point yet in a more 'artful' way would it impress you more, or can you see through the 'big words'?
Tue 23/01/07 at 00:02
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Big words rock.

Or, for those of you who actually congregate within this intelligent discussion forum, to converse upon intellectual matters, and why BB is awful: Big words rock.
Fri 19/01/07 at 20:01
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I do that with stupid people I don't like. Use big words, "Wha." Then shake my head, sadly. Works.
Fri 19/01/07 at 03:06
Regular
"8==="
I sometimes use a word without being totally sure it's correct to convey the meaning I want but when I check I find that it was the correct one to use. :D
Fri 19/01/07 at 02:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
shut up you raging hiophrate
Fri 19/01/07 at 01:10
Regular
I like having a varied vocabulary as I often struggle to find the word I mean. Either that or start making up words, which is much more fun
Wed 17/01/07 at 17:23
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
"Tweenager".
Someone who is between the ages of 8 and 12.
Mon 15/01/07 at 17:05
Regular
"I may return"
Sibelius wrote:
> I have days when words I barely know the meaning of flit into my
> mind, and days when I have the vocabulary of a horse.
> I love language and words in general - I collect them, not
> necessarily to use them but ... just because.
> I visit "World Wide Words" every now andthen to see
> what I can pick up. Today Brimborion - a thing without
> value or use
. Ha.

If you would have posted that in any other thread, your post would be brimborion :D
Mon 15/01/07 at 13:34
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I have days when words I barely know the meaning of flit into my mind, and days when I have the vocabulary of a horse.
I love language and words in general - I collect them, not necessarily to use them but ... just because.
I visit "World Wide Words" every now andthen to see what I can pick up. Today Brimborion - a thing without value or use. Ha.
Sun 14/01/07 at 19:24
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I just talk differently to different people.
The weird thing is I sometimes use bigger words becuase i can't remember a simpler one.:S
Fri 12/01/07 at 19:49
Regular
"Author of Pain"
I don't feel it's about making it difficult for people to understand, more a case of why should we all go at the pace of the slowest runner?

Besides, some less common words can say in a syllable what otherwise might take two sentences to explain. Why waste the effort?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.