GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why is my DVD film GREEN"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 16:47
Regular
hi i recently bought a ps2 and instead of using their shittyphono cables i used my old ps1 scart cable and plugged it in AV1 in my tv, which is RGB. the game picture was superb bu when i put in a DVD it goes a horrible green. why the f**k does it do that?????
when i plug it into scart sockets 2 or 3 it works fine, but it isn't RGB!!!!!
what should i do and is there a way of overiding this f**ked up thing???
Sat 06/01/01 at 16:47
Regular
hi i recently bought a ps2 and instead of using their shittyphono cables i used my old ps1 scart cable and plugged it in AV1 in my tv, which is RGB. the game picture was superb bu when i put in a DVD it goes a horrible green. why the f**k does it do that?????
when i plug it into scart sockets 2 or 3 it works fine, but it isn't RGB!!!!!
what should i do and is there a way of overiding this f**ked up thing???
Sat 06/01/01 at 16:52
Regular
Stop the swearing Bally. We can read without swearwords aiding us, and there are plenty of kids on this site.

Anyway, it is a copy protection thing, so you can't record DVD's onto tapes at the highest setting. You'll have to live with it, so use another lead that isn't RGB.
Sat 06/01/01 at 17:00
Regular
Unforunately you cannot use a "proper" scart lead for playing DVDs. Sony cite anti-piracy as the reason behind the decision, with the RGB playback disabled on DVDs to prevent PS2 users from copying DVDS to video at the highest quality.
It's annoying I know, cos the scart lead gives you crystal clear pictures on games.
The best thing to do is continue using the scart lead for games - but when you want to watch a DVD, go back to the in-box composite lead.
If you do want better visuals, you can buy a S-video lead (cost around £15). It is superior to the composite connection and will work for both games and DVDs. - For this you will need an S-video socket in your TV. If you don't, you can buy an adaptor block that turns it to scart.
Sat 06/01/01 at 17:04
Regular
thanx a lot adam
that is the only draw back about the playstation 2
everything else is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and sorry about the swearing!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.