GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help? Tomaweb FTP Uploader"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/02/03 at 15:04
Regular
Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. Recently, in the search for an FTP uploader that wasn't rubbish, I installed the TomaWeb FTP uploader. Unfortunately, it also turned out to be rubbish.

But that's not the problem. It's installed itself in my right-click menu for files. I've searched through add/remove programes, the whole HDD and the registry for any entries under the name TomaWeb - yet it can't find any.

However, the program still stays in my right click menu and will still run when I click it.

Is there some hidden place somewhere that I haven't checked? Can any of you guys give me an idea of how I could go about uninstalling this program? There is no support on the website for it.

I know it's my own fault for installing it without checking some of these things, but, anyone?
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:58
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
the FTP i like is terrapin ftp! its easy enought,u go to freeserve.com and go to build a website,some where along ul find it
Sat 01/02/03 at 22:35
Ive used all those ftp packages and the best one ive ever used is ftp explorer plus its absolutely free(plus easy to use)
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
np.

Nah I used to use CuteFTP, until I went to i12 and desperately needed an FTP program and got SmartFTP from their server. Ever since I've used SmartFTP. Better than Cute IMHO, and we'll just have to see how it compares to gFTP2 when I can afford a shuttle.
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
yeah smartftp is probably the best free one.
If you want to pay for one I have heard cuteftp is one of the best.
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I found the bloomin' thing. It had installed itself in the windows/system32 directory without any uninstaller.

Again, thanks for the smartftp link.
Sat 01/02/03 at 15:24
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Is there no uninstall entry in Add/Remove Programs, or an
> Uninstall.isu in its Program Files folder?

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. There is no entry in the add/remove programs, and I've tried searching (manually and automatically) for anywhere where it might be installed.

I just can't find it. I'll search a bit more carefully folder by folder when I get some time.

Thanks for the SmartFTP tip! I'll go and download that.
Sat 01/02/03 at 15:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Is there no uninstall entry in Add/Remove Programs, or an Uninstall.isu in its Program Files folder?

In the meantime however, you can install SmartFTP from smartftp.com. Best FTP software there is, and legally free.
Sat 01/02/03 at 15:04
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. Recently, in the search for an FTP uploader that wasn't rubbish, I installed the TomaWeb FTP uploader. Unfortunately, it also turned out to be rubbish.

But that's not the problem. It's installed itself in my right-click menu for files. I've searched through add/remove programes, the whole HDD and the registry for any entries under the name TomaWeb - yet it can't find any.

However, the program still stays in my right click menu and will still run when I click it.

Is there some hidden place somewhere that I haven't checked? Can any of you guys give me an idea of how I could go about uninstalling this program? There is no support on the website for it.

I know it's my own fault for installing it without checking some of these things, but, anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.