GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantavision - Just a Fancy Bust-A-Move"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 16:06
Regular
Well it is, it has a puzzle based idea very similar to B.A.M and I think that Whoever made the game have just put it in glitzy packaging and made it all explode like the ending of Meet Joe Black (Very Good Film!) I don't think that it warrants a percentage rating for being unoriginal to a very large extent! I think puzzle games are very entertaining for a long time but as good as the game looks I think it is an easy way out of making money and doesn't deserve to be able to sell @ the price of games that have had a lot of good work done on the like Shenmue and Banjo-Tooie not forgetting Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Dinosaur Planet!

I seriously think this could be Sony's fatal flaw to losing some of its followers. I just Pray that Nintendo don't do the same.

The Game
Mon 08/01/01 at 11:03
Yes it is similar to Bust-a-Move. Though having said that, I'd rather see someone take an established idea, give it a twist, and update it for a next-gen machine. Rather than see yet another Bust-a-Move (which also happens to be available on the PS2 already!).

The price is a bit steep, especially considering it's not that hard really. I was a little disappointed by the lack of things to do, and to unlock. And as I've said elsewhere, it doesn't have the 'one more go' feel to it (unlike some PS1 puzzlers like Kurushi or Super Puzzle Fighter). If they ever decide to make a sequel, some tweaks here and there could make it a great puzzle game. At the moment, it's more of a novelty.
Sat 06/01/01 at 16:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well it is, it has a puzzle based idea very similar to B.A.M and I think that Whoever made the game have just put it in glitzy packaging and made it all explode like the ending of Meet Joe Black (Very Good Film!) I don't think that it warrants a percentage rating for being unoriginal to a very large extent! I think puzzle games are very entertaining for a long time but as good as the game looks I think it is an easy way out of making money and doesn't deserve to be able to sell @ the price of games that have had a lot of good work done on the like Shenmue and Banjo-Tooie not forgetting Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Dinosaur Planet!

I seriously think this could be Sony's fatal flaw to losing some of its followers. I just Pray that Nintendo don't do the same.

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.