GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memorex RF keyboard and Mouse bundle problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/02/03 at 01:49
Regular
I got a Memores RF keyboard and mouse bundle today to go in my lounge, the place i got it from stated it can be used up to 10 metres away from reciever?, well anyway i can get the keyboard to work if i am right infront of the reciever but i still cannot get the mouse to work, when the keyboard is working and i take it over to the couch about 3 - 4 metres from the reciever the keyboard does not work, is this becuase it is RF or is this a problem anyone else has found?, also has anyone used the microsoft version?, basically if i can't get this one to work i will get one that will work at that distance.

Cheers for all the help guys.

c.b.
Sun 02/02/03 at 16:31
Regular
The closest things to it at the moment are my optics with a bottle of JD and a bottle of vodka, these would interfere, unless i dring to much of them and averything looks blurry :).

c.b.
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:20
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
is there owt blocking the reciever,like a moniter,maybe its to close to somet else, like a tv,maybe somets intefering with it( I.e radio or Tv)
Sat 01/02/03 at 18:54
Regular
"relocated"
I used to have the Microsoft version, but it gave me a few problems. The keys would occasionally stick: not physically, but just not sending out the release code. It was generally unresponsive too. I got a replacement but had the same problems, so swapped it for bog-standard keyboard and a cordless Logitech mouse - which all works great.

The problem might have been the profusion of wireless stuff in my house, notably the phone system. Not sure how much of it is RF, but it may have been a factor.
Sat 01/02/03 at 11:47
Regular
Have tried moving reciever as far as it goes with no avail, maybe it doesntgo 10 metres as that is pretty far for RF signal.

c.b.
Sat 01/02/03 at 01:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I have the Logitech MX700 and cordless keyboard, and I can use them both from further than I can read teh screen by, I know my computer interferes with the signal for the keyboard though, have you tried moving the reciever?
Sat 01/02/03 at 01:49
Regular
I got a Memores RF keyboard and mouse bundle today to go in my lounge, the place i got it from stated it can be used up to 10 metres away from reciever?, well anyway i can get the keyboard to work if i am right infront of the reciever but i still cannot get the mouse to work, when the keyboard is working and i take it over to the couch about 3 - 4 metres from the reciever the keyboard does not work, is this becuase it is RF or is this a problem anyone else has found?, also has anyone used the microsoft version?, basically if i can't get this one to work i will get one that will work at that distance.

Cheers for all the help guys.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.