GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 issues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/01/03 at 19:16
Regular
When I am playing GTA3 I experience problems with missing textures. They are simply not there, parts of the road are transparent and in certain cases, entire buildings.

I am using a Radeon 8500 and the catalyst 2.5 drivers, with the GTA3 v1.1 patch installed, I am also using the latest motherboard drivers.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be???

I am considering installing DirectX9 and the new Catalyst 3 drivers but am doubtful this will help.
Sun 02/02/03 at 11:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I have messed about with draw distance and am using the most current drivers I can without upgrading to DX9, I have defragmented my hard drive and turned on Anistropic filtering and it seems to have improved slightly but yes, it is very consistent, as in about every 30 seconds I see somehting invisible.
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:56
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
GTA 3! what a game! weve all got to of played that at one time
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Is it consistent?

Well all I can recommend is newer/different drivers, or see if you can change your D3D/OGL (whatever) compat. modes. or anything to do with textures at all.

Serves you right for buying an ATI though tbh.
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:57
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
It is similar to this but instead of fading in nothing happens, the buildings are either completely transparent or have no detail whatsoever, ie large grey blocks and the roads are similar, when you drive across the transparent parts it just turns blue.
Fri 31/01/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Does it fade in when you get close, almost like snazzy pop-up? As this happens sometimes on the PS2 version.
Fri 31/01/03 at 19:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
When I am playing GTA3 I experience problems with missing textures. They are simply not there, parts of the road are transparent and in certain cases, entire buildings.

I am using a Radeon 8500 and the catalyst 2.5 drivers, with the GTA3 v1.1 patch installed, I am also using the latest motherboard drivers.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be???

I am considering installing DirectX9 and the new Catalyst 3 drivers but am doubtful this will help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.