GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One down.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 09:17
Regular
"Touched!"
One more to go! My PSP is getting replaced tomorrow with a brand new one from Sony because my old one had a huge white cluster of dead Pixel(s) which developed in the bottom right of the screen, also there are loads of dust particles behind the screen and the main annoying problem was sometimes when I pressed up on my D-Pad it just wouldn't do anything. So playing Virtua Tennis was sometimes impossible as my player wouldn't move. I must say the lady at Sony was very helpful and I will have my replacement within 24 hours..which is nice :) I'm so unlucky sometimes! :(
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:17
Regular
"Touched!"
One more to go! My PSP is getting replaced tomorrow with a brand new one from Sony because my old one had a huge white cluster of dead Pixel(s) which developed in the bottom right of the screen, also there are loads of dust particles behind the screen and the main annoying problem was sometimes when I pressed up on my D-Pad it just wouldn't do anything. So playing Virtua Tennis was sometimes impossible as my player wouldn't move. I must say the lady at Sony was very helpful and I will have my replacement within 24 hours..which is nice :) I'm so unlucky sometimes! :(
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:35
Regular
"Touched!"
Yeah..true..I wanted one for my brother but everywhere is wiped out now. Although Currys did say tomorrow they will have more in..Wireless wipeout would rule. They had better show tomorrow as I go away on sunday!
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:41
Regular
Sony have stock PSPs to send out to replace faulty ones?

Surely not, have they learned the lesson from their PS2 release days?
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:44
Regular
"Touched!"
They must have predicted that loads of customers will phone up complaining. Regarding the dead pixels..I just played dumb and said "Oh..and I've also got this HUGE white dot on my screen too which wasn't there when I first got it but has appeared in the last few days". I've been told that if you phone up about one or two pixels they won't replace it unless it has SEVEN dead/lit pixels..that's a bit shocking. I'm just glad to have got it sorted with no hassle.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:50
Regular
That's not shocking, any LCD panel isn't faulty unless it has more than SEVEN dead pixels.

That's an industry standard figure.

Some even take it as far as saying the seven pixels have to be in the same vertical or horizontal row or column.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:51
Regular
"8==="
When you're paying £180-ish even one dead pixel is a crime.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:51
Regular
Well, it is shocking, but it's not just a Sony thing.

That's what I meant by that :-).
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:52
Regular
"8==="
I know, I was replying to Spike's post but you got one in just before.
Thu 08/09/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Touched!"
I was happy to put up with the one because I know it's 7 or more but it's the D-Pad that was annoying me loads. Just wouldn't work sometimes!
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Mozzy"
Expect the replacement PSP to have dead pixels eventually too.

It's almost impossible to avoid dead pixels, I treated my PSP with so much care and still got 3 - 4 dead pixels. I think the only way to avoid dead pixels is to not play your PSP at all.

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.