GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One down.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 09:17
Regular
"Touched!"
One more to go! My PSP is getting replaced tomorrow with a brand new one from Sony because my old one had a huge white cluster of dead Pixel(s) which developed in the bottom right of the screen, also there are loads of dust particles behind the screen and the main annoying problem was sometimes when I pressed up on my D-Pad it just wouldn't do anything. So playing Virtua Tennis was sometimes impossible as my player wouldn't move. I must say the lady at Sony was very helpful and I will have my replacement within 24 hours..which is nice :) I'm so unlucky sometimes! :(
Sat 10/09/05 at 12:25
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I can't see that happening as Sony apparently check them for dead pixels when they replace them.

Apparently not.

:P
Sat 10/09/05 at 11:59
Regular
"Touched!"
If it wasn't for the fact that there are 4-5 dead pixels in a line at the top and huge specs of dust then this unit would be fine. The d-pad on this one is much better, Sony have been very good though and did apologise for the error on the replacement. I'm happy to wait until monday because I'm busy all weekend working anyway.
Fri 09/09/05 at 21:09
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well, the same thing has happened to my PSP. My PSP screen is full of dust now, but you only notice it when the sunlight reflexs on it.

It's a bummer, but I cant be bothered to do anything about it.
Fri 09/09/05 at 20:58
Regular
"Touched!"
There are specs behind it in 3 places in the middle of the screen..It's very odd how it's got there though..it is a common problem on the PS forums from what I've read.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:50
"High polygon count"
I'm a bit curious about this 'dust behind the screen' thing.

How does it get there? The screens are manufactured in sterile conditions (well, supposedly) so...?

I'm not saying I disbelieve you, because I don't. But there's nothing like that on mine. The only speck of dust on mine is one annoying piece that managed to find its way between the actual screen and the protector sheet I put over it.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:14
Regular
"Touched!"
Got my replacement..and guess what..a huge dead hair style pixel on the top and the amount of dust on the screen on this one is twice as bad..called them again and getting my 2nd replacement on monday!
Thu 08/09/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Touched!"
Mozzy wrote:
> Expect the replacement PSP to have dead pixels eventually too.
>
> It's almost impossible to avoid dead pixels, I treated my PSP with so
> much care and still got 3 - 4 dead pixels. I think the only way to
> avoid dead pixels is to not play your PSP at all.
>
> :P

If I receive a PSP in worse condition than my previous one was then I will kick off big style. I can't see that happening as Sony apparently check them for dead pixels when they replace them.
Thu 08/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
"\\"
Playing doesn't cause dead pixels.... They're just there.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Mozzy"
Expect the replacement PSP to have dead pixels eventually too.

It's almost impossible to avoid dead pixels, I treated my PSP with so much care and still got 3 - 4 dead pixels. I think the only way to avoid dead pixels is to not play your PSP at all.

:P
Thu 08/09/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Touched!"
I was happy to put up with the one because I know it's 7 or more but it's the D-Pad that was annoying me loads. Just wouldn't work sometimes!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.