GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hpln networking-Can anyone help me with it(phone line networking)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/01/03 at 20:34
Regular
I want to make a network with in my house threw my phone line. i know its possible

But if im conected to the internet threw my adsl line can another pc go on the internet threw my pc,even if its adsl
Sun 02/02/03 at 23:26
get a blue tooth radio system then but it has some draw backs.

And the crimping tool is expensive hence the botch job Ive done.
Sun 02/02/03 at 23:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Crimping network cable ends is pretty straightforward, although you need a 20 quid tool to do it (otherwise you'll royally balls it up).
Sun 02/02/03 at 00:10
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
I dont want to wire my house up(yet) i just want any other ways beofre i divert to that! dont any one have a HPNA network
Sat 01/02/03 at 21:56
Or you could do it low tek style like OakeyDokey and cut the wire, rewire them up and use insulation tape lol. I really should know better. Still it works but my best suggestion is to read the label properly before buying
Fri 31/01/03 at 10:52
Regular
I've just wired 20 metres of cat 5 through my flat and put the connectors on the end's, it is pretty time consuming but easy enough, just take your time, you would have to buy the connectors and crimping tools seperate from the cable though i have not seen a kit with it all in.

c.b.
Fri 31/01/03 at 07:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
fab dark wrote:
> u know that cat 5 wirings,is it easy to put on the clips,or dont u do
> it like that

I think you mean crimping, which is putting on the connectors at the end. This is quite difficult and is done for you.
Fri 31/01/03 at 07:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OakeyDokey wrote:
> Yes I've run a network cable through my home using cat 5 cable
> unfotunately I didnt check it was crossover and had a bit of trouble
> rewiring the cable to make it crossover. So make sure you buy a
> crossover cat 5 and not the normal one

Yeah I did this (but not the house thing). At first I re-wired it but in the end I just bought a converter from Kustom for ease.
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:41
Regular
u know that cat 5 wirings,is it easy to put on the clips,or dont u do it like that
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:25
Yes I've run a network cable through my home using cat 5 cable unfotunately I didnt check it was crossover and had a bit of trouble rewiring the cable to make it crossover. So make sure you buy a crossover cat 5 and not the normal one

(crossover allows 2 pcs to join directly without hub which requires normal cable and costs a lot)

Either that or buy a blue tooth wireless system which sounds more appropriate for what you have planned
Thu 30/01/03 at 22:20
Regular
The quickest and best way to do this is to buy 2 10/100 network cards and a length of Cat5 crossover cable (as needed) and then network the 2 computers at 100MBPS (max), then use internet connection sharing to set them both up on the internet (or get a router, which is more expensive).

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.